Should there be a New Restaurant Law?

Page 4 of 4<1234
January 27th, 2019 at 6:36:17 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: AZDuffman
I am adding an even bigger GOOD GRIEF. If he did this himself and you were at the bank, it would not be the banker he was talking to, it would have been the cops. Not to mention that the bank would certainly have frozen his account solid the second the pieces of paper were found in the envelope.

I found a thread I started on this very guy on another website.

My new boyfriend. The guy I met at the bus stop is named "Mark"(not his real name).......... Mark is a sweet guy, but he has money problems.... He's says that he would be interested in "selling" on the side(I don't know what though), and he plays some of his paycheck money on Poker(He tells me that it is not rent money that he plays, and I hope not, or I would urge him to get professional help). He confessed to me that he puts empty envelopes into the ATM, and says tells the machine that there is $200.00 in them. FRAUD! He went to a bank, and asked them to cash a "future" check. The date on the paycheck was days away. But, they cashed the check anyway. That bank's name is " "Regal"(not the real name) The reason they cashed the check was because their own bank name was on the check. Other than that, they would have told him to get lost with his "future" check(he told me another place basically told him to stuff the "future" check up his ass and get lost, but in polite words).

He wanted to check his account at the bank, and they told him that he had "suspected bank fraud" on his bank account, and he told them that he bounced checks! Lie! I wish he had bounced checks. What he did was WAY worse(empty envelopes) He already had another bank account, after his original bank "National American Bank"(Not real bank name)flagged him for the "SBF", and another bank ,"Money Bank"(not real bank name)foolishly let him open up an account with the SBF, because they didn't check his bank records! Dumbasses! Dee-dee-dee! But, he claimed to me and to that bank that he already paid his original bank back the frauded money, but they still had him flagged. They, (the one that cashed his check), said that he would have SBF on his account for 7 years! Later, he sheepishly said to me, "I'm a bank fraud. It's not going away for 7 years. I said, "Let's find a nicer word than fraud. Let's try "dishonest." He said, 'I'd rather be called a fraud than dishonest."
January 27th, 2019 at 6:41:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: KNathan
This was a new bank where the Banker told us about the suspected fraud. He did the $200 scam at Bank Of America and tried to open up a new account after BOA had closed his account after the shady scam he pulled. Wells Fargo is the new bank he tried to open up a new account at and that's when The Wells Fargo Banker told us he had a red flag of Suspected Fraud on his account. He told about the $200 Fraud he pulled. That's how I knew about the Fraud thing he pulled.

See, when you post you need to give this kind of detail the first time, not after being called on BS several times.

And I still say he did not put in "slips of paper" and walk out with $200. There is still more to it that you likely do not know.

I'm done here.
The President is a fink.
January 27th, 2019 at 6:44:12 AM permalink
KNathan
See, when you post you need to give this kind of detail the first time, not after being called on BS several times.

And I still say he did not put in "slips of paper" and walk out with $200. There is still more to it that you likely do not know.

I'm done here.

I was doing it by memory and found the exact thread I made on this guy on another website. I edited the post above to copy and paste my own thread.
January 27th, 2019 at 7:23:58 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
That is IMPOSSIBLE. Banks NEVER took an ATM deposit on faith.

My bank has always taken ATM deposits and allowed instant access to the money. This goes back to when the first ATM's appeared at my bank maybe 25-30 years ago. I could deposit my paycheque and pull cash out on the same transaction. I never had a problem but if you abused the privilege then they would put a hold on the deposit. I could spend up to my debit card limit 10 minutes later at a store if I wanted and with my company account I could deposit a $10K cheque and pay a supplier on-line 10 minutes later for $10K

The ATM's now do the scan thing with cheques and cash. I never thought of them clearing the cheques in real time during the scan. Not sure the network is quite that sophisticated but maybe. Do you know for sure that is what happens ADZ.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 27th, 2019 at 10:37:42 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I am adding an even bigger GOOD GRIEF..

I can't believe you read Nathan's posts.
Why go thru all that grief. If you notice
I never reply to him/her because I never
read them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 27th, 2019 at 10:56:48 AM permalink
KNathan
Quote: kenarman
My bank has always taken ATM deposits and allowed instant access to the money. This goes back to when the first ATM's appeared at my bank maybe 25-30 years ago. I could deposit my paycheque and pull cash out on the same transaction. I never had a problem but if you abused the privilege then they would put a hold on the deposit. I could spend up to my debit card limit 10 minutes later at a store if I wanted and with my company account I could deposit a $10K cheque and pay a supplier on-line 10 minutes later for $10K

The ATM's now do the scan thing with cheques and cash. I never thought of them clearing the cheques in real time during the scan. Not sure the network is quite that sophisticated but maybe. Do you know for sure that is what happens ADZ.

Thank you Kenarman for sticking up for me. It really means a lot to me. :)
January 27th, 2019 at 11:19:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
I never thought of them clearing the cheques in real time during the scan. Not sure the network is quite that sophisticated but maybe. Do you know for sure that is what happens ADZ.

They do where I live. You can't use a
check now without it being scanned
and the money deducted from your
account immediately like it's a debit
card. Most places hand the check back
to you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 27th, 2019 at 7:19:03 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: Evenbob
They do where I live. You can't use a
check now without it being scanned
and the money deducted from your
account immediately like it's a debit
card. Most places hand the check back
to you.

That's how they do it in my job too. The check goes back to the customer. :)
Page 4 of 4<1234