MacKenzie Bezos (nee Tuttle)

January 13th, 2019 at 9:51:55 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 887
Posts: 10592
Jeff and Mackenzie married in 1993 the year before he began Amazon. Should she get half his Amazon stock she could become the 5th wealthiest person in the world.

It has been speculated that Jeff might take advantage of this change in his life to sell Amazon to Walmart and run for POTUS.
January 13th, 2019 at 9:57:25 AM permalink
aceofspades
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 60
Posts: 928
Quote: Pacomartin
Jeff and Mackenzie married in 1993 the year before he began Amazon. Should she get half his Amazon stock she could become the 5th wealthiest person in the world.

It has been speculated that Jeff might take advantage of this change in his life to sell Amazon to Walmart and run for POTUS.


Whether she should or not is irrelevant, she will get half as there was no prenup and the business was started and wealth accumulated during their marital partnership.
January 13th, 2019 at 10:25:43 AM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 23
Posts: 1082
Quote: Pacomartin
Jeff and Mackenzie married in 1993 the year before he began Amazon. Should she get half his Amazon stock she could become the 5th wealthiest person in the world.

It has been speculated that Jeff might take advantage of this change in his life to sell Amazon to Walmart and run for POTUS.


Absolutely she should get half. It is not his money, it is their money and stock.
January 13th, 2019 at 10:58:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 118
Posts: 9381
Quote: Pacomartin


It has been speculated that Jeff might take advantage of this change in his life to sell Amazon to Walmart and run for POTUS.


WMT would not have the cash now would they accept the share dilution.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 14th, 2019 at 9:31:55 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 89
Posts: 1715
I wonder what will become of Amazon's Space business? I think it's a personal project for Jeff Bezos, and maybe not so much for the board and shareholders. With his ex taking half his voting shares, maybe they will move in a different direction?
January 14th, 2019 at 12:21:54 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 887
Posts: 10592
Quote: Ayecarumba
With his ex taking half his voting shares, maybe they will move in a different direction?


To the best of my knowledge, Blue Origin has never made a profit and it may be of zero interest to his wife.It is not clear if she wants to make any decisions about Amazon either.