Is anyone else noticing a sudden uptake of Michelle Obama? :/

December 10th, 2018 at 6:47:33 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Suddenly Michelle Obama keeps getting a whole bunch of magazine deals and a book deal. She's getting more publicity than she did as First Lady and even more bizarre, she's getting more publicity than her husband, Barack Obama who was the most recent President! I wonder if Michelle is gearing up for first Female President of the United States Of America.... Hmm. That's one logical reason I can come u for why she is being so focused on now. Even Hillary Clinton didn't get this much attention when she got her recent book deal and she not only is a Former First Lady, she almost became the first female President Of the US.
December 10th, 2018 at 8:05:54 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
People have been talking about the possibility of Michelle Obama as a candidate for POTUS for about 5 years now. Had Joe Biden decided to run in 2016, she would have made a great VP candidate, partly because her husband would still be involved.
December 10th, 2018 at 9:32:51 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I think it's because her book just came out and she is seeking publicity wherever she can. Still, I think she is my favorite First Lady in my lifetime.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 11th, 2018 at 2:23:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Just about her book and the media needing something to cover. She does not have the personality for politics as anytime you see her she appears angry or miserable.
The President is a fink.
December 11th, 2018 at 2:45:15 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
I wonder if there isn't something deeper going on with MO. A book deal shouldn't warrant so much sudden in your face magazine deals.
December 11th, 2018 at 3:15:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: KNathan
I wonder if there isn't something deeper going on with MO. A book deal shouldn't warrant so much sudden in your face magazine deals.

There is a segment of the USA population that wants us to be like Argentina, where you have a "royal class" by electing the wife of the former president that the same segment of the population loved. That has always been there, anytime a Senator dies the call is "appoint his wife to finish his term!"

I never got that. We threw the Brits out to avoid this kind of thing. But there will be sheep among any population.
The President is a fink.
December 11th, 2018 at 4:55:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
She's got the number one selling book of the year.

Supply and demand. There is clearly a demand for her...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman