1 vote (4.54%)
8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

June 5th, 2020 at 5:05:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
And before the Fox News/right wing outrage machine amps up, please respond to Donny sharing a video on Twitter that said “the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 5th, 2020 at 5:13:50 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
And before the Fox News/right wing outrage machine amps up, please respond to Donny sharing a video on Twitter that said “the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”

Yawn. That would belong in the Trump Implosion Thread; we're discussing the Democrat nominee.

My thought is that it was a stupid retweet and a stupid statement in the first place...but it was clear he meant politically dead, not physically. It wasn't so bad in the age of target areas and other symbols, but it is bad now.

there, there now...you always accuse people of "but Obama"...and here you are with a "but Trump"...

It would be nice to see you actually address the statement that the presumptive nominee of your party made in the way that you would address one by that other fellow.
June 5th, 2020 at 5:18:12 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
It would be nice to see you actually address the statement that the presumptive nominee of your party made in the way that you would address one by that other fellow.

I did! He’s way low in his estimate! I’m serious...

The Trump campaign is floundering at the moment. We can all see it. He’s down in just about every swing state (Ohio!!!). So I’m sure they see this comment as a gift from God. And Fox & Friends is already hyping it. But they spend all day saying Democrats are bad people, so it’s not going to mean much coming from them.
June 5th, 2020 at 5:34:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288

The Trump campaign is floundering at the moment. We can all see it.

Gotta agree. If there is a way Biden can avoid debating him, it will be hard for Trump to win. If the Democrat Party capitulates to the "we need to abolish all police departments" wing of their party, that could be the impetus that propels Trump to reclaim the swing states.
June 5th, 2020 at 5:44:47 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Gotta agree. If there is a way Biden can avoid debating him, it will be hard for Trump to win. If the Democrat Party capitulates to the "we need to abolish all police departments" wing of their party, that could be the impetus that propels Trump to reclaim the swing states.

I don’t think Biden will fall into the “abolish the police” trap. His platform has called for MORE money for policing:

(sorry for the huge screenshot)

June 5th, 2020 at 6:07:54 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO

I agree that the campaign is having troubles right now. The lack of rallies hurts because they are good TV snippets--big crowds, excitement, etc. It is hard to contrast that with the bland Biden events if no one is having events. #BasementBoy doesn't lose as much as #BunkerBoy with those looks. Trump needs Biden on the trail making mistakes, as both will do...Trump is news every day and his missteps are highlighted (properly, in many cases...though some things are stretches) in real time while Biden is making few appearances.

I disagree with AMS and his bad people number; Perhaps he lumps a lot of people who simply disagree with him in as bad people. No, they just don't share your view of the world.
June 5th, 2020 at 9:43:50 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
10%-15%, or 33,000,000 to 49,500,000, of the people Joe Biden wants to be President of are bad apples.

Same as Hillary's 'deplorables' comment
in 16. Hurt her immensely.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 5th, 2020 at 1:57:38 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
My thought is that it was a stupid retweet and a stupid statement in the first place...but it was clear he meant politically dead, not physically.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Because he's never suggested his political opponents should be assassinated. /sarcasm
June 9th, 2020 at 2:11:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
1 in 3 Dems say they want anybody
but Biden in Nov. Everybody and
I mean everybody is saying the
defund the police movement will
sink the Dems in Nov. 85% of
American voters are vehemently
against it, as any sane person
would be. Notice Biden is hiding
in his basement, he can't comment.
No matter which side he takes he
screws himself. It's wonderful how
out of of touch the Leftie base is
with reality..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 9th, 2020 at 4:24:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Same as Hillary's 'deplorables' comment
in 16. Hurt her immensely.

I think the funny thing about the backlash on Biden’s comment is that most Republicans would agree, or perhaps stipulate a greater percentage, they only act up in arms about it because Biden said it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman