2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

May 22nd, 2020 at 3:10:04 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: petroglyph
If you don't like Bobs posts just block them.

Well played.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 22nd, 2020 at 3:13:46 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: petroglyph
If you don't like Bobs posts just block them.

Actually, I was able to block him. It turns out that you can still block via the members list if you are Administrator, just not from that person's profile page. On WoV, you can do it from the profile page, but I don't know if you can as an Admin because I've never blocked anyone before.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 22nd, 2020 at 3:17:24 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
Actually, I was able to block him. It turns out that you can still block via the members list if you are Administrator, just not from that person's profile page. On WoV, you can do it from the profile page, but I don't know if you can as an Admin because I've never blocked anyone before.

Join the club
I've blocked EB years ago. lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 22nd, 2020 at 4:04:53 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
TMI
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 22nd, 2020 at 4:35:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Actually, I was able to block him.

Thank the god.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2020 at 5:44:12 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
I can't believe how the Biden
interview this morning has
almost shut down the internet.
They're coining it 'white-splaining',
what Biden said about Blacks.
He earlier in the interview said
Blacks in prison 'can't read'.
He said a few months ago minority
kids are as smart as White kids.
He has a laundry list of racist
remarks he's made over the years.

My fave was when he said you can't
own a 7/11 if you don't have an Indian
accent. Priceless.

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."
May 22nd, 2020 at 6:40:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
My take on the Bob/Mission spat. It is not on Bob to not respond in the open forum to Mission. It is on Mission to decide whether to read or not read, and thus respond or not respond to Bob's posts. If Bob reads a post by anyone that interests him, he is and should remain totally free to respond.

I do agree with Mission that if Mission does not want Bob to PM him, Bob should not do so.

I also think, my friend Mission, that you should self suspend yourself for 3 days due to the trolling nature of repeating a post I think 5 times verbatim?

I wonder how many Black votes Biden cost himself? Probably not that many......
May 22nd, 2020 at 6:46:56 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83

Quote: terapined
Join the club
I've blocked EB years ago. lol

I thought the rules forbid announcing when you have blocked someone
May 22nd, 2020 at 7:14:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
My take on the Bob/Mission spat. It is not on Bob to not respond in the open forum to Mission. It is on Mission to decide whether to read or not read, and thus respond or not respond to Bob's posts. If Bob reads a post by anyone that interests him, he is and should remain totally free to respond.

Bah! Humbuggers!

That's what's wrong with this forum, and most forums. Short of the podium and bullhorn, in every other public place you can choose to talk to small groups of people while shutting out other people completely. And that's the best possible world!

Imagine every public place, you had no choice to either talk to only one person or blast out every conversation to every dickhead in the area.

Besides, just like writing a book, no one has rights to hear your speech unless you wish to make it available. Whose speech is it. It's yours.

The fact that we have no in-between annoys me to no end. I should be able to shut out anyone I choose. Completely.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2020 at 7:16:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
And it's pointless of me to go looking for another forum which does that, because I don't know of any.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?