Threads: 83
April 10th, 2020 at 10:09:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Looks like Kamal-Toe Harris is the number
one pick for VP. Brilliant. The most unlikable
candidate paired with the most demented
feeble candidate. Perfect..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 10th, 2020 at 10:20:44 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I'm waiting for the Cuomo/Clinton ticket (or will it be the Clinton/Cuomo ticket)
April 10th, 2020 at 10:59:16 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: aceofspades
I'm waiting for the Cuomo/Clinton ticket (or will it be the Clinton/Cuomo ticket)

Neither accepts VP spot. Either would accept top spot.

I like my 'lie detector test'

Question to Republican Senators and Congressmen. Are you embarrassed that Trump is President? I bet over 50% are "Yes".

Question to Democrat Senators and Congressmen. Are you embarrassed Biden is your nominee? I bet over 70% are "Yes".

Not the verbal answers, but the true answer from the lie detector test.
April 10th, 2020 at 2:27:22 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: aceofspades

The two worst NY politicians?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bring it on!!
Trump will win in a LANDSLIDE!!
April 10th, 2020 at 5:18:41 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Shrek
The two worst NY politicians?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bring it on!!
Trump will win in a LANDSLIDE!!

I'd bet $100,000 on Cuomo beating Trump with any reasonable VP candidate. Clinton is not a reasonable choice. Sanders is not a reasonable choice.

I could be wrong, but isn't there some prohibition against President and VP being from the same state?
April 10th, 2020 at 6:09:15 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I could be wrong, but isn't there some prohibition against President and VP being from the same state?

I always thought that too... but apparently it would only matter in an EXTREMELY close election.

https://www.history.com/news/can-the-president-and-vice-president-be-from-the-same-state
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 10th, 2020 at 9:01:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I'd bet $100,000 on Cuomo beating Trump

LOLOLOL!! He's totally unlikable and
nobody knows who he is outside
of NY, even with all his daily briefings
which nobody outside of NY watches.
He looks and acts like a gangster. He's
a professional politician, it's all he's
ever done. He's never had a real job
or owned or run a business in his life.
He's further Left than Bill DeBlasio.
Cuomo is the most anti gun governor
in the US and thinks ALL guns should
be banned. He's in favor of abortion
right up to the minute of birth. He's
so liberal he even married a Kennedy.

Trump would crush him like a bug.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 11th, 2020 at 5:09:06 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

There’s no law or regulation against a president and vice president of the United States being from the same state. The reason why some people mistakenly believe such a prohibition exists comes down to a particular aspect of the Electoral College system laid out in Article II of the U.S. Constitution. Article II states:

“The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.”

Under the original system, electors did not distinguish between candidates for the nation’s top two offices; the candidate with the most votes became president, while the runner-up became vice president. The 12th Amendment, adopted in 1804 after two chaotic elections, mandated that electors cast separate ballots for president and vice president. However, the rule preventing an elector from voting for two people from his home state remained in effect under the new system.

In most elections, this quirk in the system wouldn’t even matter. In 2008, Barack Obama could have chosen a running mate from his home state of Illinois in either 2008 or 2012 with no adverse effect; the same goes for Ronald Reagan in 1980 or ’84, George H.W. Bush in 1988 and Bill Clinton in 1992 or ‘96.

But if an election turns out to be particularly close, the rule could potentially come into play. It almost did in the notoriously contentious election of 2000. When Texas Gov. George W. Bush chose Dick Cheney as his running mate on the Republican ticket, Cheney had been living and voting and paying taxes for five years in Texas. Shortly before the election, however, Cheney obtained a Wyoming driver’s license and put his Dallas home on the market. (He had a vacation home in Wyoming, which is the state he had formerly represented in the U.S. Congress.) Good thing for him he did: The Bush-Cheney ticket ended up winning with 271 electoral votes—just a slim five-vote margin—over Al Gore and Joe Lieberman, a total they certainly wouldn’t have hit without Texas’ 32 votes.
April 11th, 2020 at 5:22:47 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Evenbob
LOLOLOL!! He's totally unlikable and
nobody knows who he is outside
of NY, even with all his daily briefings
which nobody outside of NY watches.
He looks and acts like a gangster. He's
a professional politician, it's all he's
ever done. He's never had a real job
or owned or run a business in his life.
He's further Left than Bill DeBlasio.
Cuomo is the most anti gun governor
in the US and thinks ALL guns should
be banned. He's in favor of abortion
right up to the minute of birth. He's
so liberal he even married a Kennedy.

Trump would crush him like a bug.

I'd bet against you if you had the balls to back up your assertions. But the odds of us even having this opportunity are very small.
I'll go point by point.

I'm pretty sure his press conferences are covered by CNN, MSNBC at a minimum, and maybe Fox as well?
He darn tooting is a professional politician, and has never run a business if you don't count New York State as a business. He certainly has as much executive experience as you can have unless you are actually the President already.
He's a liberal of course, anti gun to the hilt, and pro abortion like 90+% of Democrats.

Bob, you know I don't want him to be President, but....

He gets an on time balanced budget every year, even when the State Senate was Republican.
He CRUSHED the unions on pension negotiations, so much so I'm surprised he wasn't made an out cast by the 'progressive' community.
He clearly detests DeBlasio, which is a big positive.
He acts like the adult in the room.

Bob, maybe in this thread, maybe in WoV, maybe in another thread here (coronavirus thread?) I detailed a long list of anti-Cuomo things. But voters will not let the facts get in the way of thinking hen looks good, and sounds more in control than Trump.

Hopefully we never know, but Cuomo would easily beat Trump.