8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 28th, 2020 at 5:13:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
'The Democrats along with the media laughed and were a bit giddy when Trump cabinets officials along with Republicans Senators and Congressman were confronted by angry liberals in public

I'm ok with that

private places (like their homes).

I'm not ok with that
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 28th, 2020 at 5:37:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
'The Democrats along with the media laughed and were a bit giddy when Trump cabinets officials along with Republicans Senators and Congressman were confronted by angry liberals in public and/or private places (like their homes).

Well those angry liberals have now turned their attention to the Democrat establishment. I don’t think the media will be laughing a lot now."

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/michael-berry/content/2020-02-28-bernie-supporters-show-up-with-bullhorns-to-homes-of-state-dnc-officials/?fbclid=IwAR1u-2bKBQRsJdosSmMu5rDqx6Zeet-pSbhsWG2_Tv7Hz_Z5Y4LIOrIZgHM

It is time to stop inappropriate harassment of people at their homes or when they are out on the town. Having rights also means having responsibilities; we often forget that. There are plenty of places to protest that aren't in neighborhoods or businesses. This hating everyone who does not see it your way is stupid. Doing it because someone else did is even worse.

Same as they laughed when BLM stormed into restaurants to bother patrons.

I agree with you. It’s always the same type of far left groups. They think they have the right to be heard and they demand it. I find them to be unstable in general. Part of the violence I keep predicting for the 2020s. Kind of a cyclical thing after 50 years of mostly stability and 80 or so without a societal disruption.
The President is a fink.
February 28th, 2020 at 5:57:48 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
They think they have the right to be heard and they demand it.

They do have the right to be heard. Others have the right not be harassed at their homes or out in the public marketplaces outside of official work. Neighbors have a right not to have idiots disrupting their daily routine when they are at home or in public. If you want respect, show respect. Fight for your positions hard even if they are unpopular.

Calling one person or side out and then being disrespectful yourself fixes nothing. It is part of the reason that I wish President Trump would not tweet some of things he does. He didn't start the general disrespect going on now, but he has not done much to stop it, either. I think he could tweet things and get the word out without some of the words that he uses to insult people. Same goes for the other side...the problem is no one wants to be first to bring back basic respect.
February 28th, 2020 at 6:02:05 AM permalink
RonC
The Democrats along with the media laughed and were a bit giddy when Trump cabinets officials along with Republicans Senators and Congressman were confronted by angry liberals in public

Quote: terapined
I'm ok with that

This is not as well defined as doing at someone's home, but I do believe people have a basic right to eat dinner in peace when they go to a restaurant or are shopping. When they are making public appearances or at their place of work? That is where the protests should be done. You disrespect other citizens when you do it in a restaurant, store, arena, etc.

private places (like their homes)t

Quote: terapined
I'm not ok with that

We have a point of agreement...

(Good win by the Terps...any win is good!)
February 28th, 2020 at 6:17:36 AM permalink
terapined
This is not as well defined as doing at someone's home, but I do believe people have a basic right to eat dinner in peace when they go to a restaurant or are shopping. When they are making public appearances or at their place of work? That is where the protests should be done. You disrespect other citizens when you do it in a restaurant, store, arena, etc.

We have a point of agreement...

(Good win by the Terps...any win is good!)

If I saw Trump eating in a restaurant, I'd leave him alone
If I saw him walking down the street, dam straight I would say something
He works for me and is doing a crummy job.
He cut the CDC budget and a virus is coming

Pretty thrilled with Terps Basketball this year, Men and Women. Women on National TV Sunday at 4pm. I'll be watching :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 28th, 2020 at 8:42:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
They do have the right to be heard. Others have the right not be harassed at their homes or out in the public marketplaces outside of official work. Neighbors have a right not to have idiots disrupting their daily routine when they are at home or in public. If you want respect, show respect. Fight for your positions hard even if they are unpopular.

Calling one person or side out and then being disrespectful yourself fixes nothing. It is part of the reason that I wish President Trump would not tweet some of things he does. He didn't start the general disrespect going on now, but he has not done much to stop it, either. I think he could tweet things and get the word out without some of the words that he uses to insult people. Same goes for the other side...the problem is no one wants to be first to bring back basic respect.

Define “right to be heard.” They do not have a right to make me listen. And as you say they do not have a right to disrupt the lives of others. But they think they do.
The President is a fink.
February 28th, 2020 at 9:05:32 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: AZDuffman
Define “right to be heard.”

The government can't take away their freedom of speech. No one has to listen, but they can make noise.
February 28th, 2020 at 9:38:41 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
When NFL players were kneeling to peacefully protest police brutality in America, Donald Trump and his supporters tried to make you feel less of an American if you watched football. He called them "sons of bitches", saying that if you don't "stand proudly for the anthem, maybe you shouldn't be in the country". Then, two years later:

You want to bring civility back to our national discourse? You can get a really good start on this by voting the biggest internet troll/bully in the world out of office in November.

Just this morning, Don Jr suggsted that the democratic party is HOPING for mass deaths in America due to corona virus so that it makes his dad look bad. Yup, he suggested that an entire political party wishes for the mass death of Americans.

Somebody mentioned earlier that somebody has to step up and stop this. Why are you asking for "somebody"? What happened to the, the "buck stops here"? What happened to "setting the example"?

There will never be civility in our discourse as long as the man at the top calls people that disagree with him politically "scum of the earth". There will never be civiclity in our discourse if the man at the top calls the free press who report on him "the enemy of the people". And there will nver be civility in our discourse if posters on an internet board START a conversation with "the democrats", suggesting that people that disagree with them are demons and rats. Kind of a non-starter to a civil and honest discussion, doncha think?

Are both sides guilty of this? Sure, fine, I guess. But I just don't see how we can expect progress as long as the man in charge sends hate filled tweets towards people he needs to work with in order to get things done for our country. Yes, the buck does stop with him and yes, I do hold him more responsible for the breakdown, and it's not even close. He's the leader. He sets the example. He sets the tone.
February 28th, 2020 at 10:03:44 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tripdufan
When NFL players were kneeling to protest police brutality in America, Donald Trump and his supporters tried to make you feel less of an American if you watched football. He called them "sons of bitches", saying that if you don't "stand proudly for the anthem, maybe you shouldn't be in the country". Then, two years later:

You want to bring civility back to our national discourse? You can get a really good start on this by voting the biggest internet troll/bully in the world out of office in November.

Just this morning, Don Jr suggsted that the democratic party is HOPING for mass deaths in America due to corona virus so that it makes his dad look bad. Yup, he suggested that an entire political party wishes for the mass death of Americans.

Somebody mentioned earlier that somebody has to step up and stop this. Why are you asking for "somebody"? What happened to the, the "buck stops here"? What happened to "setting the example"?

There will never be civility in our discourse as long as the man at the top calls people that disagree with him politically "scum of the earth". There will never be civiclity in our discourse if the man at the top calls the free press who report on him "the enemy of the people". And there will nver be civility in our discourse if posters on an internet board START a conversation with "the democrats", suggesting that people that disagree with them are demons and rats. Kind of a non-starter to a civil and honest discussion, doncha think?

Are both sides guilty of this? Sure, fine, I guess. But I just don't see how we can expect progress as long as the man in charge sends hate filled tweets towards people he needs to work with in order to get things done for our country. Yes, the buck does stop with him and yes, I do hold him more responsible for the breakdown, and it's not even close. He's the leader. He sets the example. He sets the tone.

Thank You
Totally agree
February 28th, 2020 at 10:47:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tripdufan
When NFL players were kneeling to peacefully protest police brutality in America, Donald Trump and his supporters tried to make you feel less of an American if you watched football. He called them "sons of bitches", saying that if you don't "stand proudly for the anthem, maybe you shouldn't be in the country". Then, two years later:

If it bothers you so much why do you spend your entire afternoon discussing it? Seriously find a meetup group of some other interest. You are obsessive.

You support NFL players making asses of themselves. We get it. You equate that to behavior at a party. We don’t get why but whatever.

Seriously it is not healthy to obsess over hate like this. Get interested in things that matter.
The President is a fink.