8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 12th, 2020 at 8:39:27 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I don't consider Teddy and Grant that young when you look at life expectancy during there time. Grant was 4 years past the average. Teddy was 7 years younger then the average of 49. Average is almost 80 now and oldest Dems are under that. Reagan was just a year under the average. Bernie is old but we are living longer.

Life expectancy in the US has pretty much flat lined over the past few years. Few people live into their 80's without noticeable reduction in either their mental or physical capabilities, or both.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 12th, 2020 at 8:55:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
Biden, and Bloomberg, have really solid shots.

Shots at what, getting into
the old folks home? They
have zero chance of being
president, that's a fact. Biden
is as close to raving as an
old man can get, and has
his son hanging over his
head. Bloomberg is too old,
too short, and has zero name
recognition outside of NY.
He could spend his entire
fortune, it wouldn't matter.
Plus, he's horribly unlikable.
He looks crotchity and mean.
He looks like that scary uncle
everybody avoids at the
reunion.

If he looks this frightening now,
wait till he's 80 next year.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 12th, 2020 at 10:16:46 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: pew
On a lighter note Deval Who? just dropped out. Sorry, we hardly new ye.

Another unqualified black guy who has no business running anything. Kinda like Obama. 🙄
February 13th, 2020 at 12:45:31 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek
Another unqualified black guy who has no business running anything. Kinda like Obama. 🙄

He's the guy who cancelled a
rally because not one person,
not even the press, showed up.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 13th, 2020 at 1:30:47 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
The libbies probably won't nominate another black guy for a while. They've been there, done that with Obama.

Their new flash in the pan is Pete Buttcrack.

And once they're done with him, they'll probably nominate Rupaul in 2024. He'll be their next big thing. 😂😂
February 13th, 2020 at 3:36:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
Life expectancy in the US has pretty much flat lined over the past few years. Few people live into their 80's without noticeable reduction in either their mental or physical capabilities, or both.

People used to live to their 80s all the time way back. 100 year ago and 1000 year ago. The reason life expectancy was low was because you had a huge chance of dying very young. Once you made it past the critical years you had a good chance of living longer.

But it really appears the human body was not made to go much past 70. Some guys like Trump keep going well, but not most.

It is like a dog. Most larger dogs after age 7 start a major decline. Humans do the same age 55-60 or so. You can do lots of the same old stuff until then, after that things get tougher.
The President is a fink.
February 13th, 2020 at 6:03:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Anyone want to give me some long odds on Klobuchar/Buttigieg ticket? My son says even if long shot Klobuchar gets the nomination Dems won't want two midwesterners. And Indiana votes Republican even if Buttigieg is Vice Presidential nominee. And Minnesota will be Democrat no matter who (except sanders, of course) the nominee is.

I like Klobuchar/Buttigieg from an 'electability' standpoint. She is old enough but not too old, centrist enough but not too far right, and mature enough for sure.
He is young enough for VP but too young for President now, left but not too far left, and mature beyond his years.

Way more attractive a ticket than Biden/Abrams.
February 13th, 2020 at 7:00:42 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: SOOPOO
Anyone want to give me some long odds on Klobuchar/Buttigieg ticket? My son says even if long shot Klobuchar gets the nomination Dems won't want two midwesterners. And Indiana votes Republican even if Buttigieg is Vice Presidential nominee. And Minnesota will be Democrat no matter who (except sanders, of course) the nominee is.

I like Klobuchar/Buttigieg from an 'electability' standpoint. She is old enough but not too old, centrist enough but not too far right, and mature enough for sure.
He is young enough for VP but too young for President now, left but not too far left, and mature beyond his years.

Way more attractive a ticket than Biden/Abrams.
What are some "centrist" positions on the issues of the day? A military that's not too weak but not real strong? Half of the border secure half wide open? What is the centrist position on the second amendment or for that matter the bill of rights in general? Centrist? I think not.
February 13th, 2020 at 8:52:24 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
What are some "centrist" positions on the issues of the day? A military that's not too weak but not real strong? Half of the border secure half wide open? What is the centrist position on the second amendment or for that matter the bill of rights in general? Centrist? I think not.

How about keeping Obamacare but not doing Medicare for all?
How about keeping the right to bear arms but limiting exactly what arms one can bear?
How about secure borders in the most efficient and economical fashion? (Maybe a wall, maybe not)

As far as your comment on the military, why doesn't Trump just double it's present budget? Is it because he doesn't want the military 'too strong'?
However much a Republican wants for the military will be 'too much' for a Democrat, and however much a Democrat wants for the military will be 'too little' for a Republican. The bottom line is there is a limit to how how much we can reasonably spend on the military. I know Klobuchar would be less than Trump, and I am guessing more than Sanders/Warren/Steyer.
February 13th, 2020 at 9:21:38 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

As a Neocon I think I can speak somewhat fairly about moderate viewpoints.

We want a strong military, strong border, and second amendment rights.

However, we also beleive in fair treatment. The military should be used to spread Western Values through developing regions.

The borders should be secured with a strong force that detains any illegal immigrants trying to break sovereignty. However, people need to be treated as humanely as possible (I am aware that the vast coverage needed that facilities will not always be perfect across the board, that is just a reality).

I am pro gun, some people have different views. But, I think that gun laws need to be fair, and many states have the perfect balance (I think GA is a prime example of the balance of rights and security).

I think Buttigieg is the perfect balance of strong military and balanced economy without going to far into the regressive sector of the party (people obsessed with social justice).