I love to sleep

Page 2 of 3<123>
August 31st, 2018 at 8:41:46 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob

Of all the benefits of angle sleeping, and there are many, I think the best is less blood goes to your head and that helps you go to sleep and stay asleep.

Are you sleeping head high and feet down or head down and feet elevated?
August 31st, 2018 at 12:05:38 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: AZDuffman
The hotel ones are a bottom of the line model. There are a few levels of mattress and the tilt function is an extra cost option. Also an option is a heater for your calves and feet. You cannot even hear the compressor and once you have your number you never use it.

FWIW I dropped my number from 50 to 45 (goes in 5s) and sleep better. So you have to play with it as well as get over that you "need a firm mattress."

The cooling feature is this little pad that sits on top. If you have 2 people in the bed you need 2. It blows cool air thru it. It is NOT a replacement for A/C and it just gets it up to 10F cooler or warmer somehow. You can very slightly hear the fan at first but after a few nights not so much. If you leave it on it says it needs to "cycle" for some reason I did not read up on. So I set the timer for 9 hours at bedtime and that is that.

Anyone buying PM me, I think they gave me a discount code so we both get a bonus.

Thanks AZD! Very helpful!
August 31st, 2018 at 12:44:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Ayecarumba
Thanks AZD! Very helpful!

Glad some of ya all are appreciating. Given my life it gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
The President is a fink.
August 31st, 2018 at 1:15:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
.... it gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
Everybody needs one
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 31st, 2018 at 1:34:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
Everybody needs one

Lately I have one about 3 days a week.
The President is a fink.
August 31st, 2018 at 7:50:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
Everybody needs one

I have 12 hungry cats and a dog that
hasn't been out in 10 hours. I have to
get up.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 20th, 2018 at 9:41:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
About a month in, I have noticed a few things.

The last week and a half or so my "restless" periods have gone way down. 1-2 periods a night down from three times that many a month ago. I have noticed it even without the report. Would be even better if not for the old man breaks in sleep a couple times a week.

Once you get the inclines set, you mostly do not want to touch them. First week or so was figuring that one out, I think now I have my head and feet such that my body is fairly happy. Acid staying in stomach, feet up a hair for whatever that does.

My time to fall asleep is not all that much faster, which could be because I go to bed early and am usually "tired" but not "sleepy." The advantage is that I can still do all kinds of driving for work and personal without falling asleep. The downside remains tossing in bed. OTOH, I have seen my time to sleep as little as 25 minutes, which feels amazing.

I think I have the "rating" figured out to be the percent of time you are not tossing and turning.

The "cool" feature is nice but needs to be better. Though not sure how they would be able to do that without R13a and a condenser.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2018 at 11:50:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The downside remains tossing in bed.

Sleeping on your back on an incline
and you'll never toss in bed, not
possible. You'll wake up in the same
position every time. I usually fall
asleep within 2 min of putting on
the noise reduction muffs. It's a
signal to my brain that it's time
to sleep. I start lucid dreaming
almost as soon as I turn off the
light.

I've realized the last few years that
I'm making up my dreams as I go
along, which is kind of disappointing.
Takes the mystery out of them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 26th, 2018 at 3:27:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Last night I had zero time tossing and turning. First time since I got it. Not my highest "score" ever, but good. Part of this is probably that fall weather is sleep weather. Part is a 16 hour day when all was said and done. Still, the trend is good. No "restless" at all is jard to believe, but I an noticing I toss and turn less.
The President is a fink.
September 26th, 2018 at 10:18:24 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Last night I had zero time tossing and turning. First time since I got it.
Sleep latency is but one measure. Its good to use the various memory positions. I hit the 'flat' button on mine unless I'm actually in the bed then I hit the various Memory Buttons.
Page 2 of 3<123>