Classy concession speech

Page 2 of 3<123>
July 3rd, 2018 at 6:41:30 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
So the best countries in the world are the whitest countries in the world. That's rich.
July 3rd, 2018 at 7:07:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: pew
So the best countries in the world are the whitest countries in the world. That's rich.

What is wrong with that?
The President is a fink.
July 3rd, 2018 at 7:14:41 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

I am not quite sure where that comment came from with respect to this thread or who you are responding too.

I mentioned the word "white" when I gave the demographics of the congressional districts that include the Bronx.

All four NYC districts will have Latino congressmen which reflects Latinos as a large percentage of the population. Number #7 and #14 will be represented by women.
Districts #7(39.30%), #13(54.38%),#14(49.80%), and #15(66%).
July 3rd, 2018 at 10:40:41 AM permalink
pew
Quote: Pacomartin
A lot of emphasis on first bullets, but not so many on the final ones.

"The Nordic Model – Embracing globalization and sharing risks" characterises the system as follows:[13]
  1. An elaborate social safety net, in addition to public services such as free education and universal healthcare in a largely tax-funded system.
  2. Public pension plans.
  3. The United Nations World Happiness Reports show that the happiest nations are concentrated in Northern Europe. The Nordics ranked highest on the metrics of real GDP per capita, healthy life expectancy, having someone to count on, perceived freedom to make life choices, generosity and freedom from corruption. The Nordic countries place in the top 10 of the World Happiness Report 2018, with Finland and Norway taking the top spots.
  4. The Nordic countries received the highest ranking for protecting workers rights on the International Trade Union Confederation's 2014 Global Rights Index, with Denmark being the only nation to receive a perfect score.
  5. Public expenditure for health and education is significantly higher in Denmark, Sweden, and Norway in comparison to the OECD average.
  6. Sweden at 56.6% of GDP, Denmark at 51.7% and Finland at 48.6% reflect very high public spending. One key reason for public spending is the large number of public employees. These employees work in various fields including education, healthcare, and for the government itself. They often have greater job security and make up around a third of the workforce (more than 38% in Denmark). Public spending in social transfers such as unemployment benefits and early-retirement programmes is high. In 2001, the wage-based unemployment benefits were around 90% of wage in Denmark and 80% in Sweden, compared to 75% in the Netherlands and 60% in Germany. The unemployed were also able to receive benefits several years before reductions, compared to quick benefit reduction in other countries.
  7. Strong property rights, contract enforcement, and overall ease of doing business.
  8. Free trade combined with collective risk sharing (social programs, labour market institutions) which has provided a form of protection against the risks associated with economic openness.
  9. Little product market regulation. Nordic countries rank very high in product market freedom according to OECD rankings.
  10. Low levels of corruption. In Transparency International's 2015 Corruption Perceptions Index, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, and Norway were ranked among the top 10 least corrupt of the 167 countries evaluated.
  11. High percentage of workers belonging to a labour union. In 2013, labour union density was 86% in Iceland, 69% in Finland, 68% in Sweden, 67% in Denmark and 52% in Norway. In comparison, labour union density was 14% in Mexico and 11% in the United States. The lower union density in Norway is mainly explained by the absence of a Ghent system since 1938. In contrast, Denmark, Finland and Sweden all have union-run unemployment funds.
  12. A partnership between employers, trade unions and the government, whereby these social partners negotiate the terms to regulating the workplace among themselves, rather than the terms being imposed by law. Sweden has decentralised wage co-ordination while Finland is ranked the least flexible. The changing economic conditions have given rise to fear among workers as well as resistance by trade unions in regards to reforms. At the same time, reforms and favourable economic development seem to have reduced unemployment, which has traditionally been higher. Denmark's Social Democrats managed to push through reforms in 1994 and 1996 (see flexicurity).
  13. Overall tax burdens (as a percentage of GDP) are high: Sweden (44.1%), Denmark (45.9%) and Finland (44.1%). The Nordic countries have relatively flat tax rates, meaning that even those with medium and low incomes are taxed at relatively high levels.
My comment came from here.
July 3rd, 2018 at 11:10:21 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Would you rather that the craphole
countries were the whitest? Why
do you think the white countries
are the best. Why do you think the
crapholes are crapholes. Just bad luck?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 3rd, 2018 at 4:31:18 PM permalink
pew
Quote: Evenbob
Would you rather that the craphole
countries were the whitest? Why
do you think the white countries
are the best. Why do you think the
crapholes are crapholes. Just bad luck?
I was pointing out the irony and humor I perceive when the race baiters on the left point out that the USA ain't so great and then say northern European countries are so much better. Must be cause they're just so white lol.
July 3rd, 2018 at 5:29:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I was pointing out the irony and humor I perceive when the race baiters on the left point out that the USA ain't so great and then say northern European countries are so much better. Must be cause they're just so white lol.

Oh, OK. That was dry even for me, but I am also having a very bad time lately so missing a lot of things like this.
The President is a fink.
July 3rd, 2018 at 5:45:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Back to the thread. This primary victory seems to have pulled the Democrat Party further left. "Abolish ICE" has overnight gone from fringe to mainstream Democrat plank. They are really taking the wrong message here. Today we saw violence in the form of a brick thru a window with "ABOLISH ICE" painted.

Still doubting me on a violent 2020s?
The President is a fink.
July 3rd, 2018 at 8:03:20 PM permalink
pew
Quote: AZDuffman
Back to the thread. This primary victory seems to have pulled the Democrat Party further left. "Abolish ICE" has overnight gone from fringe to mainstream Democrat plank. They are really taking the wrong message here. Today we saw violence in the form of a brick thru a window with "ABOLISH ICE" painted.

Still doubting me on a violent 2020s?
Luckily the right folks have most of the guns and most of the skills to deal with it. Remember, Invest in lead not gold.
July 4th, 2018 at 4:37:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Luckily the right folks have most of the guns and most of the skills to deal with it. Remember, Invest in lead not gold.

Limbaugh was discussing that. He pointed out that most of the violence is on the left (BLM, ANTIFA, etc) are all attacking the groups that have the guns and know how to use them. ICE and the cops are armed. White folks in the country are armed. Knowing how to shoot is just as important. Go a gun range and see who it there.

The violence is coming, though. It was coming whether Trump ran or not. The anger is very, very deep.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 3<123>