3 votes (60%)
3 votes (60%)
No votes (0%)

5 members have voted

February 17th, 2018 at 2:09:59 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: odiousgambit
I had a 50-50 again. If I had declined to accuse, I was pretty sure it would mess Wizard up

Yes, with hindsight, your potshot was inevitable and best chance you had as it would never have come back to you.
But had you NOT accused, it would have been quite a curve ball for Wizard and myself.
February 17th, 2018 at 2:54:43 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
since I can't win anyway why shouldnt I just play spoiler? Stick that in your pipe and smoke it for game 49
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 17th, 2018 at 3:13:20 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: OnceDear
Yes, with hindsight, your potshot was inevitable and best chance you had as it would never have come back to you.
But had you NOT accused, it would have been quite a curve ball for Wizard and myself.

Your suggestion finally gave me Mr. Green, who I suggested three times and still couldn't rule out you having him. Still, before your accusation, the only room I could rule out was the Lounge, which I had. The Dining Room I knew nobody had except maybe you. I probably would have deferred had you not accused. I really did want someone else to win but I couldn't just throw the game.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 17th, 2018 at 3:34:06 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Wizard
Your suggestion finally gave me Mr. Green, who I suggested three times and still couldn't rule out you having him. Still, before your accusation, the only room I could rule out was the Lounge, which I had. The Dining Room I knew nobody had except maybe you. I probably would have deferred had you not accused. I really did want someone else to win but I couldn't just throw the game.

Um. Sure you could. (Kidding).

You all crashed my DOTW cards early, and gave me almost no info of that category in return. I played it out, and still would not have known between Tue and Sat in Wizard's spot, after Sun had to be the wrong bit. (Have to figure OG doesn't accuse DR with the card in his hand).

But even if Tuesday is wrong, OD is ahead of me, so there's no way for me to win, because he's smiling into the silver platter. <shrug>

TL;DR Congrats, Wizard!
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 17th, 2018 at 3:40:07 PM permalink
OnceDear
since I can't win anyway why shouldnt I just play spoiler? Stick that in your pipe and smoke it for game 49
LOL. I hope you really don't feel so sore.

One day, it will happen, one of us will throw out a real stupid, but believable, deliberately wrong accusation, just to throw a spanner in the works for those who follow.
Then someone else will up-end the table.

:o)
February 18th, 2018 at 6:06:01 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: OnceDear
One day, it will happen, one of us will throw out a real stupid, but believable, deliberately wrong accusation

That would be beyond the pale ... just not acceptable
February 18th, 2018 at 6:14:22 AM permalink
OnceDear
That would be beyond the pale ... just not acceptable
comedy value is always acceptable. What is Christmas without a fight breaking out 😀
February 18th, 2018 at 6:23:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I have to admit we must consider it if it comes to 10 in a row for you-know-who

j/k [I think]
February 18th, 2018 at 6:30:30 AM permalink
OnceDear
I have to admit we must consider it if it comes to 10 in a row for you-know-who

j/k [I think]
No collusion. There was no collusion. You knock him over and I'll grab his unicycle. Then leg it.
Be just the last straw if miplet wins the next 5.
C'mon ODG and BBB it's your turn to win.
Page 6 of 6« First<3456