2 votes (40%)
3 votes (60%)
1 vote (20%)

5 members have voted

February 1st, 2018 at 10:29:55 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Peacock huh. OD suggested Peacock right before his accusation of Mr. Green. I assumed he had good reason not so suggest her, like he had the Peacock card. Shows you what I know. Kind of embarrassing to get only two out of four right. It looked like my three remaining opponents had positioned themselves for double accusation turns so I felt I had to roll the dice. Oh well.

I had: Candlestick, Lead Pipe, Ballroom, Conservatory

Congratulations Miplet. Thanks for all the programming for the day of the week. A welcome change.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 1st, 2018 at 11:58:17 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Wizard
Peacock huh. OD suggested Peacock right before his accusation of Mr. Green. I assumed he had good reason not so suggest her, like he had the Peacock card. Shows you what I know. Kind of embarrassing to get only two out of four right. It looked like my three remaining opponents had positioned themselves for double accusation turns so I felt I had to roll the dice. Oh well.

Congratulations Miplet. Thanks for all the programming for the day of the week. A welcome change.

I used the same, obviously erroneous reasoning to Elim Peacock. Room was a (wrong) guess.

Congrats, miplet!
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 1st, 2018 at 12:01:21 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: beachbumbabs

I used the same, obviously erroneous reasoning to Elim Peacock. Room was a (wrong) guess.

Congrats, miplet!
Ah! good. Two readings of my reasoning, both flawed. Now if only miplet would get led astray so easily.
February 1st, 2018 at 12:10:01 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: OnceDear
Ah! good. Two readings of my reasoning, both flawed. Now if only miplet would get led astray so easily.

Quote:
Scarlet (OD)
Enters Conservatory
Suggests Mrs. Peacock with Wrench in Conservatory on Saturday
Mustard (mip) can't disprove
White (odg) can't disprove
Green (Dum) can't disprove
Peacock (Wiz) disproves
January 31st, 2018 at 4:54:31 PM

Accuses Mr. Green with Wrench in Dining Room on Thursday
Wrong!
January 31st, 2018 at 4:57:43 PM

If you care to explain why you suggested Peacock and accused Green, I'm all ears. I'm thinking you were 50/50 between Green and Peacock and the answer to the suggestion didn't narrow it down. Perhaps you switched just to mess with the players behind you. If so, well done, you got me.
February 1st, 2018 at 12:38:57 PM permalink
OnceDear
If you care to explain why you suggested Peacock and accused Green, I'm all ears. I'm thinking you were 50/50 between Green and Peacock and the answer to the suggestion didn't narrow it down. Perhaps you switched just to mess with the players behind you. If so, well done, you got me.
Ok, my logic was not all good*, but here goes:-
I had weapon and day. I'd narrowed suspect to Green or Peacock. I also knew that either miplet held Dining room, or that that was the crime scene and that Peacock held either Peacock or Conservatory and no-one else could hold conservatory, so that might have been crime scene.
I thought it very unlikely that miplet held dining room, so that was my favourite for crime scene, but conservatory was close second favourite. Clearly we all knew weapon and day and many of us probably had similar indicators for room and good shots at suspect, So I had the urge to accuse early.
Knowing Wizard held either Peacock or Conservatory I was torn between heading towards Dining Room or to suggest. But conservatory was so close! In suggesting Peacock, Conservatory, I hoped that Peacock would be shown, in which case I would have been certain that killer was Green and room was still fairly likely to be dining room. That set accusation of Green, Dining room firmly in my head. Being shown Conservatory, I just accused Green because that was what I had programmed myself to do. LOL.
* It was flawed analysis as Peacock was more likely because I knew Green and Plum did not hold Peacock
I stuffed up. Getting the room wrong was incidental.
$:o)
February 1st, 2018 at 12:46:55 PM permalink
OnceDear
Miplet, could we get a readout of the cards please?
February 1st, 2018 at 1:34:24 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Ok, my logic was not all good*, but here goes:-...

Thanks for the answer. I have no cross talk but did want to say "thank you."
February 1st, 2018 at 3:29:35 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Miplet, could we get a readout of the cards please?

"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 2nd, 2018 at 4:52:02 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Apologies if this has been said before but let the record show Miplet had two of the four cards (wrench and Thursday) in his infamous round 3 turn.

Quote: miplet

Mustard (mip)
Enters Dining Room
Suggests Mrs. White with Wrench in Dining Room on Thursday
White (odg) can't disprove
Green (Dum) can't disprove
Peacock (Wiz) can't disprove
Plum (bbb) can't disprove
Scarlet (OD) can't disprove
January 30th, 2018 at 10:03:42 PM
February 2nd, 2018 at 6:22:08 PM permalink
OnceDear
Apologies if this has been said before but let the record show Miplet had two of the four cards (wrench and Thursday) in his infamous round 3 turn.
And the sneaky devil was holding the other two!
$:o)
Page 8 of 8« First<5678