expect coldest Jan. 1 since 1963

December 29th, 2017 at 7:25:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
And this is why we sceptics are sceptical. As I keep saying do your own research AMS and don't believe the crap you are fed.

All North America is cold (remember that little country north of the US). The quote below is for Britain

"Up to 7cm of snow fell over Exmoor, South Wales and the Cotswolds just after Christmas Day, with motorists being warned to take extra care on the roads.

The Met Office has issued a yellow warning of ice for large areas in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

There is a weather warning of snow for the East Midlands and the north of England for Friday morning, with the Met Office warning this could be extended.

This follows the major disruption and power outages caused by the snow across the UK yesterday, which saw motorways, trains and airports affected by the severe weather conditions."

Holland is also experiencing difficulties. I haven't bothered to research other areas but the quote you presented is either false or presented in such a way as to manipulate people not to present facts.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 29th, 2017 at 7:28:50 AM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288

Punishment for trying to bully the rest of the world.
December 29th, 2017 at 7:41:22 AM permalink
JB
Administrator
Threads: 10
Quote: Ibeatyouraces
Punishment for trying to bully the rest of the world.

That'll teach Canada.
December 29th, 2017 at 7:43:16 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Call me ignorant, naive, or just uneducated; but why do we care about long term climate change? Civilization will either adapt or it won't. I barely understand why people place such a high value on their own lives and I surely don't know why you would value life hundreds and thousands of years in the future.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 29th, 2017 at 8:29:57 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
Call me ignorant, naive, or just uneducated; but why do we care about long term climate change?

Think of the environment, including climate, water, air, and soil, as assets.

No one sane would treat machinery or developed land without regard to the capital and operational costs involved. The environment comes without capital costs, true, but it's no less an asset which ought to be well-managed in order to maximize the profit to be obtained from it.

Quote:
I barely understand why people place such a high value on their own lives

Really? Do you value your own life?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 29th, 2017 at 8:55:33 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: Nareed
Think of the environment, including climate, water, air, and soil, as assets.

Adapt or perish, why should we care about "assets" hundreds and thousands of years from now.

Really? Do you value your own life?

Not very much. I realize the world will not be very much different when I am gone, you are gone, he is gone, or she is gone. 99.99999% of the population will not even notice or care.
December 29th, 2017 at 9:14:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Adapt or perish, why should we care about "assets" hundreds and thousands of years from now.

I hope you're just being contrarian. Such nihilism is hard to take seriously. You seem to care a great deal about not caring at all for the world.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 29th, 2017 at 10:21:26 AM permalink
DRich
I hope you're just being contrarian. Such nihilism is hard to take seriously. You seem to care a great deal about not caring at all for the world.

I guess it is just a type of introspection. I am just trying to understand why other people do care while I don't.
December 29th, 2017 at 10:39:11 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I think it is just being realistic. Only 10 country's in the world right now, are free from armed conflict. If the majority of people actually cared more, than just lip service, the number would have to be much different. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/global-peace-index-2016-there-are-now-only-10-countries-in-the-world-that-are-not-at-war-a7069816.html

War, is what we do, regardless of what is said.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 29th, 2017 at 10:53:36 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I guess it is just a type of introspection. I am just trying to understand why other people do care while I don't.
Everybody lies. Millions have died from US sanctions alone. People care about increasing their own power, not the longevity of their fellow man.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW