it was fast: 3,600 mph

Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »
December 19th, 2017 at 3:55:14 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
So.

I personally am quite sure we are not the only life in the universe. And so, it would be laughable of me to expect any other life is less advanced than we are. Here we are, off in a far corner of a packed and almost infinitely vast universe, and the only reason people can advance for us being alone is we don't have empirical evidence of contact.

Logically, it's much more likely that we're not uniquely alive. That would be a 1 in n = however many worlds there are , versus n-1 chance there are others.

Now maybe we do have such evidence. Maybe we don't. But I should mention that the SR-71 Blackbird's true top speed is still classified, even though it's retired. I will say that I saw one on a Center radar, moving FAST, that might or might not have been able to outrun that target as reported in this incident. I will say it could be....competitive.

My real point in bringing that up is the technology Lockheed used to make the BBird go that fast is 50 years old. Lots of things developed since them. Lots of it is black ops, including the whole military UFO investigation effort at that time. Who knows what our capabilities even are, with trillions spent on s!#/ they won't even admit they have.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 19th, 2017 at 4:06:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I got it -- God was eating giant TicTacs and he spilled some. What the ship's radar detected was his giant invisible hand fishing them out of Ocean. The planes showed up in time to catch him in the act.

There solved!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 19th, 2017 at 4:08:40 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Nareed
As far back as WWII, there were many different radar decoys, blockers, etc. You throw some strips of aluminum foil and blind a radar. modern autonomous radar-guided missiles know to ignore the large, stationary or slow-moving target. But they can't see past it. Radar is also prone to interference from certain atmospheric phenomena and lightning, for example.

And radar operators are as prone to error as you and me.

Did you read Paco Chierici's account?

Quote: Paco Chierici
What Dave didn’t know was for the past several days, Princeton had been picking up some bizarre returns on their Death Star-worthy SPY-1 radar. On several occasions beginning 10 November, the Fire Control Officer and the extremely experienced Fire Control Senior Chief had detected multiple returns descending from far above the radar’s scan volume–somewhere higher than 80,000 ft. The targets, dubbed Anomalous Aerial Vehicles (AAVs), would drop from above 80K to hover roughly 50 feet off the water in a matter of seconds.

Always over the same spot, a Lat/Long about 30NM off the coast of Baja, roughly 70nm southwest of Tijuana. At the time, the SPY-1 was the most sophisticated and powerful tactical radar on the planet. With it, they were able to track these AAVs while they descended, hovered and then zipped away at speeds, turn rates and accelerations faster than any known friendly or threat aircraft. Impossibly fast.

I'm very skeptical that multiple radar operators on the USS Princeton made the same errors repeatedly over the course of 2 weeks, no one noticed the errors, no one corrected the errors, and that their errors miraculously coincided at precisely the same time that 12 experienced pilots got confused by optical illusions. When the UFO was hovering at 50 feet, there was a 100-meter circle of turbulent, frothing ocean water beneath it. (But that was just an optical illusion, right?)
December 19th, 2017 at 4:49:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
I'm very skeptical that multiple radar operators on the USS Princeton made the same errors repeatedly over the course of 2 weeks, no one noticed the errors, no one corrected the errors, and that their errors miraculously coincided at precisely the same time that 12 experienced pilots got confused by optical illusions.

Maybe someone hacked the radar.

Do you know how many astronomers saw, reported and mapped the non-existent canals of Mars?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 19th, 2017 at 5:05:43 PM permalink
rxwine
The most reasonable alternative explanation (besides Aliens) is our own black ops project.

However some assumptions proposed may be wrong.

The TicTac "ship" might actually be an empty shell. The propelling force may not come from the ship. That could explain acceleration. Think of ping pong ball over blower, only probably something else.

The fighters pilots were the unwitting test subjects. No need to inform them when all you're trying to do is get actual real time tests of something.

What the something was, or how it was done, well I don't know. Just throwing this out there.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 19th, 2017 at 5:13:51 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: rxwine
The most reasonable alternative explanation (besides Aliens) is our own black ops project.

Perhaps. And just because the CIA or NSA or US Army or Air Force have developed some mind-blowing technology doesn't mean they'd be inclined to share their secrets with every pilot in the Navy. And we can't rule out the Russians or Chinese.

This explanation seems more plausible than 12 pilots simultaneously experiencing optical illusions...
December 19th, 2017 at 5:28:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: reno
Perhaps. And just because the CIA or NSA or US Army or Air Force have developed some mind-blowing technology doesn't mean they'd be inclined to share their secrets with every pilot in the Navy. And we can't rule out the Russians or Chinese.

This explanation seems more plausible than 12 pilots simultaneously experiencing optical illusions...

It's actually true that project information isn't shared unless there is a need to know, even when people have clearances for other work. The test range outside Nellis has different areas, and just because someone has access to one project does not mean they know what's going in an adjacent area.

Except for some critical details I'm kind of happy with my alternate explanation. Would a submarine have a use for some sort of aerial device which could deploy, be nearly undetectable, and hang out way above the surface of the ocean? Seems to me, they could.
December 20th, 2017 at 6:32:15 AM permalink
Nareed
Upon further reflection, it's probably a UFO.

It is unidentified, no question there. It was very likely flying. and odds are good it is an object. So it meets the definition of UFO.

Next.
December 20th, 2017 at 10:13:36 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Oh come on.

Knowing what you know about science, and the likelihood of intergalactic travel, would you say that these are aliens, or some under-observed phenomena? Because it's kind of a huge leap from the basic observations to aliens.

"Oh! There are all these things we think we observed! Must be ALIENS!" Or, maybe there is a more rational explanation. Because there is going to be one.
December 20th, 2017 at 1:24:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Mosca
Knowing what you know about science, and the likelihood of intergalactic travel, would you say that these are aliens, or some under-observed phenomena? Because it's kind of a huge leap from the basic observations to aliens.

"Oh! There are all these things we think we observed! Must be ALIENS!" Or, maybe there is a more rational explanation. Because there is going to be one.

The thing is there has never been any credible evidence of something that is unmistakably artificial, even if not recognizable as a plane or ship, just indistinct blobs which could be just about anything.

I've seen plenty of "UFOs" over the years, including some capable of incredible speeds.

One time on a transatlantic flight there was this blurry, bright yellow disc which appeared to be keeping pace with the plane. It kept changing shape, growing more and less blurry. At times it appeared to recede downwards in an instant.

What was it?

The Sun, reflecting off layers of ice crystals high in the atmosphere.

So when you have a blob that could be anything, chances are it's something from this planet or the Solar System. You'd be amazed how many people get excited about aliens when they catch a glimpse of the Moon in mid-afternoon, or when they spot Venus near sunset.
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »