Catching up on the last few seasons

July 20th, 2017 at 1:27:52 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Originally I stopped watching The Office somewhere around when And was in a musical. No real reason: I lost interest is all.

Over the last couple months I've been catching up on the last three years. I don't think they're nearly as bad as I was leaving to believe.

To the good: I liked the way they handled Michael's departure, and getting rid of Will Farrell when he was obviously not going to fit in. Robert California got trashed, but I liked what he showed about corporate America: it's all bluster and bullshit, that no one can see through from the inside.

To the bad, the minor characters got drawn more and more broadly. I don't think it was such a good idea to give so much screen time to Kevin. The plots used too be believable, with people behaving wierdly within them, but in these later episodes some of them have just lost their way. The artifice not only shows, but is flaunted. It should have been easier to get Andy and Erin back together.
July 20th, 2017 at 2:43:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mosca
Originally I stopped watching The Office somewhere around when And was in a musical. No real reason: I lost interest is all.

Over the last couple months I've been catching up on the last three years. I don't think they're nearly as bad as I was leaving to believe.

To the good: I liked the way they handled Michael's departure, and getting rid of Will Farrell when he was obviously not going to fit in. Robert California got trashed, but I liked what he showed about corporate America: it's all bluster and bullshit, that no one can see through from the inside.

To the bad, the minor characters got drawn more and more broadly. I don't think it was such a good idea to give so much screen time to Kevin. The plots used too be believable, with people behaving wierdly within them, but in these later episodes some of them have just lost their way. The artifice not only shows, but is flaunted. It should have been easier to get Andy and Erin back together.

There was an interesting take on Michael leaving vs the manager on the British show and how the Brits are much darker. Can't remember the youtube, sorry.

Loved Robert, but he was played out fast.

Would anyone here date Jan L?
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2017 at 3:24:10 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
Would anyone here date Jan L?

Very pretty. I remember her as Trudy Monk from the TV series "Monk'.
July 20th, 2017 at 3:28:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I stopped after the 5th season, it just
got too silly. It wasn't funny anymore,
just repetitive. Like BBT.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 20th, 2017 at 3:40:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin
Very pretty. I remember her as Trudy Monk from the TV series "Monk'.

Never saw "Monk." I like Jan's look, though her personality reminds me a touch of a boss I had. Boss was attractive, too, but that controlling type drove you nuts. I still remember, boss lady told me there was a deed in the file, to find it and do a "bringdown" on the file, which means just update it.

None there, I ask again. She was the type to really get irritated easily, sent me off in seconds. I read the file and something clicked. Now, I was in the industry maybe 2 months and she was in it maybe 15 years (we were near same age.) Something clicked, "this guy is dead!" Well, he died in 1850s, but he was dead before the supposed deed was signed.

I walk to the courthouse across the street, find the will in less than half an hour I am back.

"There is no deed in the file."
"How are you so sure?"
"Dead men don't sign deeds!" (Lay the deed on her desk, get dismissed.)

She never said a word about it.

She was Jan in a way, has to be in control but secretly seems to like the guy standing up for himself.

Has another mini-run in with her a few months later. Same results.

She even looked a little like Jan.
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2017 at 6:21:08 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
Never saw "Monk."

She had a small (10 episode) role in Monk as the dead wife of the OCD detective.

Now she is playing in Amazon's Transparent