8 members have voted

March 15th, 2017 at 8:22:10 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Evenbob
Lizzy Borden killed her parents with an
axe. You aren't making the point you
think you're making.

I can't tell what you're trying to say here either. You must be drunk. That's your drug of choice now, isn't it?

Calling a one vape a night pot smoker just to sleep well a "stoner loser", is like calling a chardonnay-with-dinner a "drunk loser". Lighten up, Bob. I hate the stoners also, and I'm not one. Any more than a wine drinker is an idiot lush in the street.

Everything in moderation, right?
March 15th, 2017 at 8:37:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: zippyboy
I can't tell what you're trying to say here either

Wow, you got the point, amazing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 15th, 2017 at 8:51:33 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
Yawn

Everything you do, say, feel, see, hear, experience, think about, etc., and things you eat, breathe, drink or absorb affect your brain. Pretty much sensory processing is the brain being affected by a stimulus.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 15th, 2017 at 8:52:22 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Evenbob
Wow, you got the point, amazing.

Me smart yo! Bob say!
March 16th, 2017 at 3:07:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
Fair point: if you do it too much, it can be a time-consuming distraction.

But there are always exceptions. Francis Crick, Steve Jobs, Stephen Jay Gould, Carl Sagan, Richard Branson, Arnold Schwarzenneger, and Sergey Brin are known for being industrious & hard-working. All of them are (or were) stoners.

True, but it again goes to the old example I use. If 9 people jump off my porch and break their leg but one lands just fine when you ask I will warn you not to try as you will break your leg. Yeah, some creative people get some kind of benefit out of it, but in the end it builds up and slows you down. Slows you down, high or not. Some stoners are so far behind in the race they think they are in the lead, reality is they were lapped long ago.

Quote:
How many Olympic gold medals does Michael Phelps need to win to prove he's hard-working and ambitious?

I don't think that guy is the example I would use for anything.
The President is a fink.
March 16th, 2017 at 3:47:18 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Attorney General Jeff Sessions has a long history of being strongly opposed to marijuana.

Serious question: is it reasonable to demand that the nation's highest ranking law enforcement official make statements that are accurate, honest, and informed? Is it fair to hold him to that standard?

I ask this because on Wednesday (yesterday) Attorney General Sessions declared that marijuana is "only slightly less awful" than heroin. (Key word being "slightly.")

Is there anyone on this thread who would agree with this? Even if you're opposed to marijuana legalization, surely the 2 drugs aren't even near the same ballpark. (Heroin killed 13,000 Americans last year.)

His statement is particularly insulting to any heroin user who has successfully kicked their addiction. The withdrawal symptoms alone, can lead to medical complications. While rare, heroin withdrawal without medical supervision can lead to cardiac arrest. Question for Mr. Sessions: has anyone ever died because they ran out of weed?

March 16th, 2017 at 4:02:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
has anyone ever died because they ran out of weed?

Better to ask has anyone lost a job,
a spouse, a friend, because of what
weed does to their lives. Or custody
of their kids. For every person who
can tolerate the effects of weed,
there are half a dozen who can't.
Who can't hold a job or stay in a
relationship. I've been an employer,
do I want somebody high as a kite
working for me? Hell no, nobody
does.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 16th, 2017 at 4:24:53 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Sessions is weird
He can be bought
Tobacco pretty much bought him
He fought real real hard for tobacco

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/jeff-sessions-anti-weed-crusader-was-a-shill-for-big-1792831457

On the other hand, extremely religious
A Sunday school teacher

I'm not to concerned
State govt are raking in big bucks from the marijuana tax
Money talks. Once a state govt finds a lucrative revenue stream, they aint giving it up without a major fight
States rights
another advantage
Less violence due to a regulated open market rather then black market
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 16th, 2017 at 4:38:23 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: terapined
State govt are raking in big bucks from the marijuana tax
Money talks. Once a state govt finds a lucrative revenue stream, they aint giving it up without a major fight
States rights

That's an extremely important point. In January, Nevada Governor Brian Sandovol proposed a new 10 percent excise tax on retail marijuana sales once the recreational industry gets moving. The proposed marijuana tax would raise $69 million, which would largely benefit public schools in Nevada under the governor's proposed budget. (That's on top of a 15% tax on wholesale pot already approved last November.)

Quote: Reno Gazette Journal
The governor’s office projected money to the state from the fees and wholesale tax could total more than $21 million. The 10 percent tax on top of that could raise another $69 million. All revenue not used for operations of the recreational program – which would total as much as $100 million when including medical marijuana fees and taxes – would go to Nevada’s public school system.

Governor Sandovol is a Republican. If Sessions goes after Republican tax revenue schemes, he pisses off Republicans. But if Sessions turns a blind eye to Nevada's pot industry, he'll have even less credibility if he raids retailers in Massachusetts or Washington state.

By the way, is Sandovol at all self-conscious about the message this tax sends to kids: your schools are dependent upon marijuana money? The more marijuana smoked in Nevada, the better off our schools are?
March 16th, 2017 at 5:12:59 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

By the way, is Sandovol at all self-conscious about the message this tax sends to kids: your schools are dependent upon marijuana money? The more marijuana smoked in Nevada, the better off our schools are?

States have traditionally had high taxes on beer , wine, liquor and tobacco.
No reason not to add marijuana to that list. Money is money. Why let illegal drug cartels and criminal gangs profit
The public is going to spend the money anyway regardless if legal or illegal. Might as let the state govt get a piece of the pie
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"