I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords

February 20th, 2017 at 10:04:39 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
I have an autocorrect "feature" on my stupidphone that I hate. It's wrong about half the time, wiping out words, mispunctuating what I write, etc. I can't disable it, because it's based on Google. Google tells YOU what to do, not the other way around.

My question for you is, what "feature" of modern technology, specifically where something gets done automatically for you that you actually don't want to happen or would rather do yourself, do you hate?

A low-tech second place award, for me, goes to microwave ovens that beep not just once, but over and over until you open the door, to tell you that the timer is done. I HEARD you, you stupid ^%$%#$...
February 21st, 2017 at 6:31:28 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: stinkingliberal
I have an autocorrect "feature" on my stupidphone that I hate. It's wrong about half the time, wiping out words, mispunctuating what I write, etc. I can't disable it, because it's based on Google. Google tells YOU what to do, not the other way around.

You know you can turn autocorrect off?

Quote:
My question for you is, what "feature" of modern technology, specifically where something gets done automatically for you that you actually don't want to happen or would rather do yourself, do you hate?

I positively hated the "feature" on the iphone 4 that reminded you cellular data was turned off for the app you were running. it couldn't be turned off, and the app wouldn't work until you dismissed it.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER