Game of Thrones

Page 3 of 12<123456>Last »
February 19th, 2017 at 4:47:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I don't know why I am scared to post this, it is not as if Evenbob's opinion of me can get any lower - but I actually like Game of Thrones too. I will admit that I don't tell many people this because it does have some very graphic sex scenes which I try to not let become near occassions of sin. There is a strong morality in the show of clear good and evil and while I haven't seen them all I keep praying and know that guys like the evil torturing guy will get his due, all bad guys do, and Reek I hope will have some redemption moment. Loyalty and goodness shine out in the world of GoT like a shining light and I hope they will win in the end.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 19th, 2017 at 5:07:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Libs love it?????????
Maybe but who cares.
Its great writing

Sometimes I don't know where conservatives are coming from. 1st AZ accuses ESPN of being Lib. ??????? I watch a lot of college Basketball on ESPN, don't have the foggiest idea what he is talking about. Now EB is saying Thrones is liberal. Huh????????? Its simply a well written fantasy. Yes there is politics, but its throne politics, not dems vs republicans. Its Starks vs Lannisters.

Season 4 episode 1
Still bumming over Rob and Lady Starks deaths. Arya Stark, the young tween daughter is really coming into her own. A ruthless cold blooded killer. I like it. With that has happened to her family. Its nice to see a Stark kick some ass
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 19th, 2017 at 5:14:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

Sometimes I don't know where conservatives are coming from. 1st AZ accuses ESPN of being Lib. ??????? I watch a lot of college Basketball on ESPN, don't have the foggiest idea what he is talking about.

You never seem to because you expect it to be obvious and hit you on the head. Watch more critically and you may see what we are talking about.
The President is a fink.
February 19th, 2017 at 5:25:46 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Libs love it?????????
Maybe but who cares.
Its great writing

Sometimes I don't know where conservatives are coming from.

They come from the back of your refrigerator, where stuff has turned green and is beginning to move :)

Game of Thrones is strangely apt as an analogy for today. The only difference is that the winter that is falling on our land may last for much longer than ten years, if the Republicans succeed in abolishing elections. So in that respect, EB may be at least sort of correct (I've now semi-agreed with EB twice in the last week. I think I need to gargle with Clorox). Game of Thrones is what this country will be like after fifty years of absolute Republican rule. Liberals kind of like this to be pointed out. Trump is king; winter is coming!
February 19th, 2017 at 5:35:14 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
You never seem to because you expect it to be obvious and hit you on the head. Watch more critically and you may see what we are talking about.

??????
Instead of watching a game closely, you are looking for a political bent instead?
WTF
I'll be watching Maryland/Ohio St tomorrow night.
Believe me, I will be watching very closely and critically.
I don't expect politics
If anything, this is a nice respite from politics
Just 2 hours of meaningless sporting entertainment that I enjoy watching
One of the reasons I watch is to get away from politics.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 20th, 2017 at 2:53:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
??????
Instead of watching a game closely, you are looking for a political bent instead?

That is the thing, smart people do not have to "look" because it is right there. Same as how TV shows from the 70s and 80s so often had a "lesson" in them which pushed a liberal point of view. It is in the announcers babble.

The most famous time it was called out was when Limbaugh pointed out the push that the sports media gives to black QBs. The rest of the sports media plus the liberal movement circled the wagons on that one right away. They could not have someone point out what they were doing.
The President is a fink.
February 20th, 2017 at 4:38:46 AM permalink
terapined
That is the thing, smart people do not have to "look" because it is right there. Same as how TV shows from the 70s and 80s so often had a "lesson" in them which pushed a liberal point of view. It is in the announcers babble.

The most famous time it was called out was when Limbaugh pointed out the push that the sports media gives to black QBs. The rest of the sports media plus the liberal movement circled the wagons on that one right away. They could not have someone point out what they were doing.

WTF
ESPN pushing black QB's????????????
ROTFL
Some guy at ESPN likes a black QB over a white QB and the right goes bonkers?
Conservatives expect the QB position to be white and if its not, its because a weaker black QB got the position? That's absurd.
The shows assessing QB talent for the NFL draft are very color blind in my opinion

In the NFL and college football many decades ago, just about all QB's were white. Was this due to racism? If it quacks like duck.

I watch a lot of college basketball
Are you upset that the sport is dominated by Blacks? lol
February 20th, 2017 at 8:42:24 AM permalink
stinkingliberal

Limbaugh is not a prophet and you do not need to repeat his words in hushed, reverent tones.

You and Rush may be two of the people who are still upset that the darkies are no longer chained up and working in the fields, but the vast majority of human beings aren't bothered at all. I for one don't care if the quarterback is black, white, green, or purple. I watch what he does. If you try to see EVERYTHING in terms of race and/or politics, you'll miss a lot.

You really should drop this asinine subject. God knows, I'm going to.
February 21st, 2017 at 6:50:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Can someone explain to me why ESPN "pushing black QBs" is an example of their liberal bias?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 21st, 2017 at 7:36:48 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: ams288
Can someone explain to me why ESPN "pushing black QBs" is an example of their liberal bias?

Liberalism=showing favoritism toward black quarterbacks. I'm surprised you didn't know that!

(It's also defined in some dictionaries as preferring ketchup to mustard on your hot dog. We must look to EvenBob for further enlightenment.)
Page 3 of 12<123456>Last »