Game of Thrones

Page 11 of 12« First<89101112>
May 20th, 2019 at 4:12:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
As I was watching the finale I thought to myself, “Everybody is going to hate this and the internet will be insufferable for a couple of days.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 20th, 2019 at 5:03:58 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
As I was watching the finale I thought to myself, “Everybody is going to hate this and the internet will be insufferable for a couple of days.”

I'm ok with the ending
Kind of surprised how the mother of dragons got killed
Only drama was how the dragon was going to react
It was a good reaction
Not thrilled with Bran becoming King
I liked Jon(queenslayer) going north and meeting Tormund
What a turn for Tyrion, The hand, jailed waiting for execution, the hand again
Surprised Sansa declined to bend the knee and instead declared independence
I liked Arya heading west for more adventures
Greyworm like Daenerys , becomes a villain. Oh Well.
Looks like the 6 kingdoms are in good hands with Tyrion as the Hand presiding over the small council with, Ser Bronn Master of coin, Samwell Tarly a Maester, Davos and Brienne.

Not a great episode. No scenes I wanted to replay. Thats one of the aspects that made this a great series. So many times I wanted to watch a great scene again. At least the ending made sense where the Lost ending (another great series that limped to the end) was absurd

Maybe George RR Martin will get off his butt, finish the books and continue the story. Arya heading west would be a good start.

New episode of Chernobyl tonight, yipee
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 20th, 2019 at 5:41:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Here we go again...

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 20th, 2019 at 10:12:33 AM permalink
terapined
Idea to continue the Game of Thrones
Arya returns to Bravos to take over the House of Black and White and turn the faceless men into a group fighting and killing for justice rather then being simply hired assassins to the highest bidder.
How many deaths did Arya prevent by knifing the Night King. She owes a lot of lives to the God of Death according to Jaqen H'ghar :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 20th, 2019 at 11:13:09 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I think I am discovering that the final season of any show will be disappointing. A movie cannot give the same depth of characters and story, but it can at least come to a satisfying conclusion. The problem with these series is that it is too much to resolve and bring to a satisfying conclusion.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 20th, 2019 at 11:34:14 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: FrGamble
I think I am discovering that the final season of any show will be disappointing. A movie cannot give the same depth of characters and story, but it can at least come to a satisfying conclusion. The problem with these series is that it is too much to resolve and bring to a satisfying conclusion.

MASH and Seinfeld had pretty good episodes to end their series.
May 20th, 2019 at 2:56:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I didn't watch Game of Thrones but I read the first three books. I quit reading them because it appeared that Martin had no idea where he was going. Develop a character and then kill him off when he had lost interest in them. From what I am hearing about the show he still had that tendency with the characters. Whether this was from boredom on his part or lack of a proper outline for his story I don't know. It is a shame because he had an excellent imagination and was creating many interesting and unique places and characters.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 28th, 2019 at 2:46:43 PM permalink
terapined
Game of Thrones The Last Watch Documentary
What a disappointment
Some of the people they interviewed was absurd
Who cares about the food truck concession on the set.
May 28th, 2019 at 3:30:32 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
Who cares about the food truck concession on the set.
The actors and crew.
And who else hears all the gripes.
June 2nd, 2019 at 1:31:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
They got the theme rockin'

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 11 of 12« First<89101112>