7 votes (100%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

7 members have voted

April 10th, 2023 at 12:06:14 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee

I see nothing wrong with "Don't say gay" so long as there is also "Don't say straight."

It's nanny state BS to demonize LGBT
It's DeSantis showing the country that he is anti gay and playing to the kuckledraggers that think that indoctrination is going on.
It's thought police mentality right out of 1984

Let's have a law that the Grateful Dead can't be discussed by teachers k to 3rd grade.
That's how meaningful the dont say gay law is.
Both laws are absurd
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 10th, 2023 at 2:05:55 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
wow, hit a nerve. Some very, very invested people here in the idea that sexual orientation and gender identity education should be going full blast?

The law covers only kindergarten to third grade, so personally I will never see eye to eye with anyone who can't agree that makes sense. Much repeated is the idea that kids as young as five should not have to worry about their sexual or gender identity; and I would say troubled children in these matters need help that schools aren't equipped to provide.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 10th, 2023 at 2:44:46 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
wow, hit a nerve. Some very, very invested people here in the idea that sexual orientation and gender identity education should be going full blast?

Its actually not happening at all
Its a law to prevent a fantasy
Its the nanny state
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 10th, 2023 at 2:47:06 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

The law covers only kindergarten to third grade, so personally I will never see eye to eye with anyone who can't agree that makes sense. Much repeated is the idea that kids as young as five should not have to worry about their sexual or gender identity; and I would say troubled children in these matters need help that schools aren't equipped to provide.

What school did you guys go to where K-3 had sex ed? I think (memory is hazy that young) we started in 6th Grade (very basic concepts), most stuff was in HS. And, I am not that old, so I doubt much has changed....
April 10th, 2023 at 3:38:50 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Gandler
What school did you guys go to where K-3 had sex ed? I think (memory is hazy that young) we started in 6th Grade (very basic concepts), most stuff was in HS. And, I am not that old, so I doubt much has changed....

well, if there was none of this 'starting' to go on in elementary school , why was there a need for a law, and a need to protest the law?

certainly in my day there was no sex education at all. At first there was no 'science' either in lower grades, they had 'health' instead
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 10th, 2023 at 3:41:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
well, if there was none of this 'starting' to go on in elementary school , why was there a need for a law, and a need to protest the law?

There was no need for a law.

That’s the whole point.

Big Tits just wanted to be act like a bigot to make GOP primary voters happier.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 10th, 2023 at 4:19:57 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

As I have said before, there should not be age disclination when it comes to education.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 10th, 2023 at 5:33:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
wMuch repeated is the idea that kids as young as five should not have to worry about their sexual or gender identiy.

Taking that literally, then we should address all children individually as "it'. That's not troubling them with gender identity.

You can't take a stand claiming some gender neutrality unless it is really neutral.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 10th, 2023 at 5:38:29 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
There was no need for a law.

That’s the whole point.

Big Tits just wanted to be act like a bigot to make GOP primary voters happier.

yup
Its a purely political move to satisfy the right wing evangelical nuts that think that so many are coming out gay because they are being groomed in Elementary school. Its a law that feeds this absurd false narative.
April 11th, 2023 at 9:12:41 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler

Fifth grade for us. We got separated by gender (ooohhh....that probably wouldn't be allowed now) and all had to watch a video on the changes that, in my case, my body was already undergoing. No tits, either. What a shame.

I think there's an argument to be made that tolerance towards alternative sexualities is something that should be taught, I just don't think six year olds need to have it explained to them that some boys suck the peepees of other boys. I have no problem with normalizing this stuff so you don't end up with a bunch of intolerant Evangelical bigots, and if those retards don't like it, they can just send their kids to private school. That said, I would agree there is no need for any such discussion until kids are at least nine or ten.

Of course, I think the bill addressed an issue that, largely, wasn't happening to begin with. After that, the Far Left got all riled up because a state that most of them do not live in passed a law to prevent something from happening that, one would assume, didn't really happen all that often (if at all) in the first place.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 5 of 6« First<23456>