Oxfam: 8 richest men worth equivalent of half the world

Page 3 of 3<123
January 18th, 2017 at 5:55:03 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Back to the original post.... I was under the impression that if you count true net worth, meaning debt is subtracted from your stuff, there are a hundreds of millions of people worth less than nothing. So anyone with a positive net worth is worth more than the bottom (insert accurate number here) million people.

I suspect most people are around $0 net worth. Give or take $50,000. More when house prices are down.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 18th, 2017 at 6:07:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
Back to the original post.... I was under the impression that if you count true net worth, meaning debt is subtracted from your stuff,.

Yes, you have to subtract what you
owe on whatever property you own.
Trump is worth around 4 bil, after
debt is subtracted. But that doesn't
include his brand. McDonalds brand
is worth an extra 20 bil above their
net worth. So Trump is worth at
least 7-8 mil when brand is figured
in. Once he's sworn in, it will keep
going up.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 18th, 2017 at 6:26:58 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
What about Louis the XVI? He was the "Sun King". The whole of the French Empire, the palace at Versailles and a ton of valuables were all his.

I gotta think the Attila the Hun would be on the list. His empire stretched across Europe and Asia:

Even the Romans paid him protection money.
January 18th, 2017 at 7:04:20 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Ayecarumba
What about Louis the XVI? He was the "Sun King". The whole of the French Empire, the palace at Versailles and a ton of valuables were all his.

The Sun King was Louis XIV. Louis XVI was the indecisive, passive-aggressive, monarch who lost his head during the French Revolution.

They're hard to tell apart, seeing as there were so many of them. And they weren't done. During the restoration there was a Louis XVIII.

Quote:
I gotta think the Attila the Hun would be on the list. His empire stretched across Europe and Asia:

So did Rome.

But back in ancient times there was a surprising amount of shared power, even after Augustus remade Rome into an empire. Not to mention lots of public works buildings, roads, armies, etc.

Quote:
Even the Romans paid him protection money.

The Romans paid protection money to many foes which were too formidable or too unprofitable to fight.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 3<123