The Epic Rant Thread

Page 8 of 8« First<5678
January 15th, 2019 at 10:19:54 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Oh, Face. Darlin.

I have nothing on Workman's Comp for you except sympathy. Had it once, in 1997, for a torn ligament, and my chief did all the paperwork immediately. Never saw a bill. And everyone took it - the ER, the ortho, etc.

Times must have really changed. So sorry for the jerk-around you've gotten twice now.

Given that, I can't imagine how USPS doesn't have a process in place, and doctors lined up. They've GOT to have dozens of claims per location a year, with all the heavy sacks and packages, and who knows how many accidents with the mail trucks. It would never have occurred to me you'd have to fight that battle alone.

None of that gives you a bit of help. I guess I would think the Postmaster should get involved in fixing the process. They're ultimately responsible for what happens to their employees.

I'm not sure how you're supposed to have a good vacation with the timing of all this and the pain, but please try. One of those Island self-sailing cruises, I hope.

You have my phone number if I can be of any help, or if you run into problems down here. In fact, please call me or text when you have 2 seconds - my phone died and I lost my contacts.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 16th, 2019 at 7:58:42 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Ayecarumba
Maybe you need to call an injury attorney Face. Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria?

That's a whole 'nuther faff. Same issue of few stores willing to take on the complexity. I've found two west of the Hudson, in Rochester and Syracuse. I've got the number saved, just in case.

Quote: beachbumbabs
Oh, Face. Darlin.

I have nothing on Workman's Comp for you except sympathy. Had it once, in 1997, for a torn ligament, and my chief did all the paperwork immediately. Never saw a bill. And everyone took it - the ER, the ortho, etc.

Times must have really changed. So sorry for the jerk-around you've gotten twice now.

No worries. I've calmed way down now =) And yes, they have changed. Drastically. That's part of what had me so flummoxed, all of my side was set up to give the impression that there were resources aplenty. Even the Provider Finder tool to find a doctor made a point to convince you to be specific, as it could "only" show 200 results. All personnel remarks about you can "choose any doctor". Just common logic that we're an enormous company that does factory work rife with injuries. It would seem and does appear that we're spoiled for choice. But lemme tell ya, it's a bloody ghost town out there.

Quote: Babs
Given that, I can't imagine how USPS doesn't have a process in place, and doctors lined up. They've GOT to have dozens of claims per location a year, with all the heavy sacks and packages, and who knows how many accidents with the mail trucks. It would never have occurred to me you'd have to fight that battle alone.

None of that gives you a bit of help. I guess I would think the Postmaster should get involved in fixing the process. They're ultimately responsible for what happens to their employees.

You are precious.

Listen, I know I'm dramatic and write to make it even more so. I know my brain is such that it magnifies negatives. I know this. But anything I've written re: the complete ineptitude of USPS when it comes to anything to do for an employee, from time off to injuries like this all the way to (and I'm not joking) just cutting a paycheck properly are all 100% undramatized. Not only has it made me long for the (lol) "simplicity" of Nation work, it makes me long for my old meth head boss. He might've been a POS disaster, but he could answer a simple question and knew how his store functioned.

There's help out there and I'm uncovering it bit by bit.

Quote: Babs
I'm not sure how you're supposed to have a good vacation with the timing of all this and the pain, but please try. One of those Island self-sailing cruises, I hope.

No worries. It was the stress of the unknown re: my case and employment. A security thing, in other words. I needed to know these were set and taken care of. Now that they are, I'm as close to stress-free as I get. My shoulder ain't nothin' but a pain-gate now. Hurts like hell, but now I can't feel my back and that's a vacation unto itself =D
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 16th, 2019 at 10:22:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"the complete ineptitude of USPS when it comes to anything to do for an employee"

And yet, before you worked there, like
all of us, you had a totally favorable impression
of the PO, it's management and work
environment.

USPS has been a running joke for decades
now. You joined the joke, got screwed,
and now are totally amazed? How did
you think being employed by them would
end up, rainbows and lollipops?

I know I sound harsh, but you really need
a plan. So far your life seems to consist
of plowing forward like a 16 pound sledge
hammer, then be completely amazed at
how things worked out.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 16th, 2019 at 11:14:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob

And yet, before you worked there, like
all of us, you had a totally favorable impression
of the PO, it's management and work
environment.

He did?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 16th, 2019 at 11:22:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
He did?

Sigh. I was using sarcasm to make a
point. Of course he didn't. The PO has
the rep of being a totally screwed up
organization, getting screwed by them
is par for the course. Back when I had
to deal with them on a daily basis, I
hated their guts.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 8 of 8« First<5678