Fair question?

Page 3 of 4<1234>
Poll
4 votes (57.14%)
3 votes (42.85%)

7 members have voted

September 29th, 2016 at 3:07:55 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 23
Posts: 1929
Quote: Nareed
How many bankruptcies do you figure Trump requires to reach his level of incompetence?


Bankruptcy of a business is expected in many cases of starting up businesses. Many companies enter Chapter 11. Trump has never been personally (financially) bankrupt. The ability to reduce debt without a wind up order is a feature of US business that allows for success as well.

Trump has had some business failures... and yet he's still worth somewhere around a Billion dollars. Many successful business men have had failures among their successes.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 29th, 2016 at 3:26:10 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 345
Posts: 12542
Quote: TheCesspit
Trump has had some business failures... and yet he's still worth somewhere around a Billion dollars.


If he'd invested his inheritance in a relatively safe, diversified portfolio, he'd be worth a great deal more than he currently is, and the many people his bankruptcies left out in the lurch would be happier today.

Quote:
Many successful business men have had failures among their successes.


Sure. and Trump could grow up to be one of them.

And what is he hiding in his tax returns?
Donald Trump is a fucking liar
September 29th, 2016 at 5:06:33 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 23
Posts: 1929
Quote: Nareed
If he'd invested his inheritance in a relatively safe, diversified portfolio, he'd be worth a great deal more than he currently is, and the many people his bankruptcies left out in the lurch would be happier today.


I've seen this debunked too. Not convinced by it at all. Thing is, even if true, failure happens in business and Trump is not the first or last one to leave his debts behind and other people out of pocket too. That's a fact of business not unique to Trump. And yet, he still has plenty of money, which implies, despite paying down these debts, he's been successful in other ventures.

He's easier to mock and look at for the non-bankrupt businesses, like Trump Steak, Trump University and Trump Water. Those tell you far more about how much of shill and snake oil man he really is. Bankrupt business? Meh. Bankrupt morals? Far more important consideration.

Of course, he exudes alpha male and likeability, so who cares!


Quote:

Sure. and Trump could grow up to be one of them.

And what is he hiding in his tax returns?


Trump has some measure of success. He's hiding something in the tax returns, for sure, as he does claim to be open and clear. His claim is not matched by his actions.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 30th, 2016 at 6:23:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 345
Posts: 12542
Quote: TheCesspit
I've seen this debunked too.


I've seen it bunked :)


Quote:
Thing is, even if true, failure happens in business and Trump is not the first or last one to leave his debts behind and other people out of pocket too.


Sure. Mutual funds blow up, airlines fold, casinos are repossessed, etc, etc. But when the same man gathers investors, builds things, goes broke and then walks away with a hefty payoff time after time, that begins to look suspicious. or to bring up the Goldfinger Principle: once it's happenstance, twice it's coincidence, thrice it's a hostile act.

Quote:
Bankrupt business? Meh. Bankrupt morals? Far more important consideration.


See above. The former is a result of the latter.


Quote:
His claim is not matched by his actions.


His claims are all lies. I don't even listen to them any more than I'd have read Pravda in the 1970s.
Donald Trump is a fucking liar
October 1st, 2016 at 2:43:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 20028
Quote: TheCesspit
and yet he's still worth somewhere around a Billion dollars. .


Forbes puts his fortune at 5.5 billion.
Trump says it's twice that. It's probably
somewhere in the middle. Trump
doesn't release his taxes because
even if there's nothing out of the
ordinary, they'll find something to
make an issue out of.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 1st, 2016 at 4:07:40 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 23
Posts: 1929
Quote: Evenbob
Forbes puts his fortune at 5.5 billion.
Trump says it's twice that. It's probably
somewhere in the middle. Trump
doesn't release his taxes because
even if there's nothing out of the
ordinary, they'll find something to
make an issue out of.


Forbes says 3.7 billion.

The reason Trump doesn't release his returns is probably because he doesn't pay much tax.
Or maybe it's because he got a huge cash injection from Russia. Or maybe it's because he's not worth the Billions he claims.

No-one knows. How he gets a pass, but Obama didn't for his birth certificate or his college transcripts, I'm not sure.

Tax returns show how much of a winner he is. But showing the truth is not his style.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 1st, 2016 at 4:32:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 124
Posts: 11567
Quote: TheCesspit

The reason Trump doesn't release his returns is probably because he doesn't pay much tax.
Or maybe it's because he got a huge cash injection from Russia. Or maybe it's because he's not worth the Billions he claims.


Tax returns show income, not wealth. He stated the reason for not releasing the returns, an active audit.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
October 1st, 2016 at 5:40:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 20028
Quote: TheCesspit
Forbes says 3.7 billion.
.


All because NYC prices are down, and
FL prices as well. The number is
meaningless as Forbes never has brand
figured into calculations. A person or
companies brand is often where their
real wealth is. Would you publish a
Stephen King book site unseen? You
bet. How about investing in a Star
Wars movie without ever seeing the
script. The investment people say if
Trump loses the election, his brand
value would have gone up 800-1000%.
If he wins, it's 1500%. That easily gets
him close to the value Trump has
always claimed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 1st, 2016 at 5:50:09 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 23
Posts: 1929
Quote: AZDuffman
Tax returns show income, not wealth. He stated the reason for not releasing the returns, an active audit.


Not the story Bob just fed us is it? It's because those dastardly lefties would make stuff up!

Indeed it does show income. It also helps to indicate wealth. Brand is all very, but brand is not wealth. Brand is future potential earnings.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 1st, 2016 at 6:12:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 124
Posts: 11567
Quote: TheCesspit
Not the story Bob just fed us is it? It's because those dastardly lefties would make stuff up!

Indeed it does show income. It also helps to indicate wealth. Brand is all very, but brand is not wealth. Brand is future potential earnings.


Future potential earnings are value. What brand is worth more, BMW or Chrysler? Same car will sell for more as BMW than as a Dodge, in fact quite a bit more. That is value.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
Page 3 of 4<1234>