Top 10 songs that make you cry

Page 2 of 2<12
September 18th, 2016 at 1:44:07 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
Benjamin Zanders is a conductor.

That was a wonderful delivery. He was having a hard time fighting back tears when he told that story about the 15 year old girl who yelled at her brother.
September 18th, 2016 at 10:21:25 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Indifference by Pearl Jam is a guaranteed tear jerker.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 18th, 2016 at 8:09:26 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Egads, I think I have only heard of ONE of the songs listed in the original post.... sounds of silence.

I remember things lilke Elton John's Sad Songs....but mainly for its chiaroscuru video.

The doors People Are Strange.

My maid showed up with some portable device and played:
Tin Can at my feet, think I'll kick it down the street.
We carried you on Independence Day.
We've got to get out of this place.
The old WBAI sign off of Time will make a lonely old man feeding pigeons in a park out of me.
I thought all of them were rather sad songs except when she played Tambourine Man, but I enjoyed her 'sixties re-tread" enough that I gave her a bonus.
September 18th, 2016 at 8:30:50 PM permalink
Pacomartin
"Chiaroscuro" is not a word you hear every day. In Spanish it is Claroscuro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X23v5_K7cXk

September 18th, 2016 at 10:42:00 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
That is a very beautiful image.

The video was notable for even the subterranean Joey's bar being dark, most tables empty or have one person at them, the waiter goes by carrying a tray with solely one drink, the travelling salesman is staring at his sample case with hatred, loathing and fear. The lighting is diffuse, its night, its rainy, junk cars are in evidence as is a trash barrel. A kid doing the old routine with the hat has a hat that is deteriorated.

I liked the song but particularly liked the video. I could not imagine a video being done about that song in any well lit or upbeat daytime scene.
September 19th, 2016 at 12:29:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
While I don't find Billy Joel's "Piano Man" a crying song I do find a lot of emotional connection in it. It does have elements of sadness.

The whole thing including the people in it are autobiographical,( with a little poetic license). The real estate novelist is a guy who worked in real estate, but was trying to write the great American novel. The waitress was an ex-wife. Davy was in the Navy (and probably will be for life). His microphone smelled like a beer. People apparently did ask why Joel hadn't "made it" at the time.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2018 at 7:42:47 AM permalink
Pacomartin

Sissel Kyrkjebø & Jose Carreras - Quando Sento che Mi Ami
In English and Italian

JULIO IGLESIAS _ DOLLY PARTON both in English

Italian only (Jose Carreras )

Diana Ross - When You Tell Me That You Love Me (1991 original)
Page 2 of 2<12