Cute...

December 28th, 2012 at 12:53:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Voalris anounced on its Facebook page they'd be doing a Mexico-London flight, allegedly with a brand new A-330 on order...

I should explain today is Dec. 28th, which is Mexico's equivalent to April Fool's day. But the point of gag news is that people should believe htem, at elast for a minute or two. At that, the only worse joke Voalris could ahve made was to anounce they woulnd't charge for checked bags. No one would believe that one.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 31st, 2013 at 7:56:44 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Wasn't that only two weeks after, Aeroméxico began operations to London-Heathrow ?
February 1st, 2013 at 7:02:25 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Pacomartin
Wasn't that only two weeks after, Aeroméxico began operations to London-Heathrow ?

You know, I had to check on that. I was surprised Aeromexico did not grab Mexicana's Mexico-London route when the latter folded, especially last year with the Olympics on.
February 1st, 2013 at 12:23:55 PM permalink
Pacomartin
I wonder how negotiations are done between National Airlines/Governments?

For instance, the five largest airports in Europe have a flight to Mexico City on the national carrier.
1) London-Heathrow British Airways
2) Paris Air France
3) Frankfurt Lufthansa
4) Amsterdam KLM
5) Madrid Iberia

Aero-Mexico has a flight to London, Paris, and Madrid. They formerly had flights to Frankfurt, Barcelona, and Rome, but they seem to be concentrating on building more flights to Asia (Tokyo and Shanghai).

But if there is only enough passengers for the Frankfurt to Mexico city run, I wonder which airline gives up? The German one or the Mexican one? It looks like Aeromexico defers to Lufthansa.

In the case of Cancun where you have dozens of International Airlines flying in from all over the world, Aeroméxico has only Bogotá, Havana, San José de Costa Rica, New York-JFK Seasonal: São Paulo-Guarulhos as international destinations.

It seems like the Mexican government feels that foreign governments will be more motivated to encourage vacations in Cancun if they are getting a share of the profit for transport.
April 5th, 2014 at 2:07:23 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Nareed
You know, I had to check on that. I was surprised Aeromexico did not grab Mexicana's Mexico-London route when the latter folded, especially last year with the Olympics on.

Mexico ends bid to revive Mexicana airline

Trans-Oceanic flights from Mexico City
Aeromexico
Paris-Charles de Gaulle,
London-Heathrow,
Madrid,
Shanghai-Pudong,
Tokyo-Narita

Air France Paris-Charles de Gaulle 1-F1
British Airways London-Heathrow 1-F3
Iberia Madrid 1-F3
KLM Amsterdam 1-F1
Lufthansa Frankfurt, Munich 1-F1
April 5th, 2014 at 7:17:18 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Pacomartin

Good. Maybe without the zombie around, the other airlines can expand their operations some more without fear of having their slots and gates taken away.