World Youth Day in Poland

Page 1 of 191234>Last »
July 21st, 2016 at 4:54:58 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Dear Forum members,
I just wanted to let you know that I am heading for about two weeks to Poland for World Youth Day. For those of you unaware St. John Paul II began the tradition of about every three years gathering the youth of the world together for a great time of learning, experience, and prayer. I think this might be my last one, because it is very draining being chaplain for one of these trips, but it is a blast. Millions of young people from all over the world will be gathering this year in Krakow. Anyway, just wanted to say bye for a bit and ask prayers from anyone so inclined. God Bless!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 21st, 2016 at 5:30:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Not a huge prayer but you have my well wishes which hopefully the guy upstairs takes in the same way. I do imagine it is draining as besides Chaplin I imagine you are a chaparone as well. I know you will but do be a good ambassador for us here in the states.

Good luck! Keep safe!
The President is a fink.
July 21st, 2016 at 5:51:29 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: FrGamble
I just wanted to let you know that I am heading for about two weeks to Poland for World Youth Day.

Two weeks - one day. Typical.

Pope woud better off send ing MONEY to existing rock and roll festivals instead of trying to have his own.
July 21st, 2016 at 6:25:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Is it in Poland because of the Polish Pope?
The President is a fink.
July 21st, 2016 at 12:56:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Thousands of people in Krakow for a week?
Sounds like cluster-F to me. My daughter
visited Poland about 10 years ago and it's
the only place in Europe she really hated.
The people were rude to her and her
friend because they were Americans, and
the men were very boorish. She said the
whole place was depressing because
everybody seemed like they were in a bad
mood all the time. The Brits are always
saying the immigrants from Poland in
their country never stop complaining, they're
never satisfied with anything.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 21st, 2016 at 3:12:58 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Dear Forum members,
I just wanted to let you know that I am heading for about two weeks to Poland for World Youth Day. For those of you unaware St. John Paul II began the tradition of about every three years gathering the youth of the world together for a great time of learning, experience, and prayer. I think this might be my last one, because it is very draining being chaplain for one of these trips, but it is a blast. Millions of young people from all over the world will be gathering this year in Krakow. Anyway, just wanted to say bye for a bit and ask prayers from anyone so inclined. God Bless!

Did you attend the one held in Sydney back in 2008(??)? I only recall it because it was held at Sydney's main horse racing venue and the 500k people roaming the place ended up causing significant damage to the track only a few weeks before they were scheduled to run their big Spring races in September.
July 21st, 2016 at 3:34:43 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
. My daughter visited Poland about 10 years ago and it's the only place in Europe she really hated. The people were rude to her and her friend because they were Americans, and the men were very boorish. She said the whole place was depressing because everybody seemed like they were in a bad mood all the time.
Watch the Vagabond Opera performance of The Alabama Song. The lead singer is a Polish actress with no voice or acting lessons. She also sews because she and her sister learned to sew before things like talking or walking, there being a great market in those who did not want to wear the drab clothes from Communist factories. The sister immigrated to the USA and is an artist and seamstress and businesswoman on the web; the actress did several European comedy/feminism/music tours and has found a niche market in France. They are each bright beautiful talented and above all, cheerful, having lifted themselves out of the despair of the Polish economy not by their bootstraps but by their fingertips.
July 22nd, 2016 at 2:32:43 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Just arrived and what a nice place. The Polish people I've met are super excited about welcoming millions of young people on fire for their faith. It should be a great week!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 22nd, 2016 at 2:41:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Just arrived and what a nice place. The Polish people I've met are super excited about welcoming millions of young people on fire for their faith. It should be a great week!

Keep us updated. How is the weather over there compared to here this time of year?
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2016 at 12:03:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The Polish people I've met are super excited about welcoming millions of young people

They are super excited at the prospects of
millions of kids, their pockets stuffed with
mom and dads dollars, spending freely
for the next five days into the Polish economy.
God doesn't even figure into it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 1 of 191234>Last »