Post your 2016 VP candidate predictions here

Page 1 of 3123>
June 16th, 2016 at 8:12:58 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Who will get the sorta coveted opportunity to be one heartbeat away from the big chair?
June 16th, 2016 at 8:22:04 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Trump might want to check whether David Duke is interested. Also the GOP's VP candidate will be blamed by Trump for the loss. So an existing pariah without a future in the party fits right in. Or he might take Lyin' Ted Cruz for the same reason (two birds with one stone and all that).

Hillary should pick someone who will appeal to moderates on both sides. William Weld would be great, but he's taken and that won't ever happen anyway as it would alienate the "base." But most important, she should take someone who's already well-known and has no hidden secrets that will tarnish the campaign sixteen seconds after they're named.

Hilary can also promise, once she finds her running mate, that in her administration the VP will take on a larger role and their input will be listened to and will attend cabinet meetings and yadda, yadda, yadda. No one would believe trump if he said that.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 16th, 2016 at 8:25:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Hillary: Elizabeth Warren
Trump: Chris Christie

I'm probably wrong on both counts, but that's okay...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 16th, 2016 at 9:19:48 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Hillary: Cory Booker
Trump: Sarah Palin

I don't believe Trump will pick a former opponent in the Presidential race. Palin seems like the oddest choice possible, so lets go with that. Kasnich wishes he gets the call.

I believe Hillary will choose a younger male VP, and wouldn't be surprised if he's black or Hispanic. Booker's probably from the wrong coast though.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 16th, 2016 at 9:37:29 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Mark Cuban said he would consider an offer. I think he would make Hillary a slam dunk and if Trump selected him it would make the race dead even.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 16th, 2016 at 9:56:31 AM permalink
ams288
At this point, the question regarding Trump's VP isn't "Who will he pick?" so much as "Who would actually agree to run with him?"
June 16th, 2016 at 10:21:00 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I hope HRC chooses her daughter Chelsea as VP. Much easier for the public to keep the dynasty's strait that way.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 16th, 2016 at 11:23:46 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
At this point, the question regarding Trump's VP isn't "Who will he pick?" so much as "Who would actually agree to run with him?"

There's probably plenty who would. Mark Cuban feels like someone who'd over shadow the Trump, but I am sure there's relatively well known people who like the Trump Train. He won an election, remember. Y'all act like he's a weirdo outsider with no support. That's not true, and some out there will not see supporting him as the death knell of their political careers.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 16th, 2016 at 11:40:02 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: TheCesspit
There's probably plenty who would. Mark Cuban feels like someone who'd over shadow the Trump, but I am sure there's relatively well known people who like the Trump Train. He won an election, remember. Y'all act like he's a weirdo outsider with no support. That's not true, and some out there will not see supporting him as the death knell of their political careers.

There are plenty who would (Chris Christie & Newt Gingrich seem to be interning for the position).

But there are lots who would not (most of the guys who ran against him in the primary this year would say hell no.)
June 16th, 2016 at 12:07:16 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I think Trump picks someone from a battleground area, possibly a woman to attract that block. Iowa's Joni Ernst?

Clinton choosing a woman VP like Elizabeth Warren would not add to her appeal. Look for her to bolster her ticket with a surprise progressive pick: Bernie Sanders.
Page 1 of 3123>