No votes (0%)
2 votes (22.22%)

9 members have voted

May 17th, 2016 at 4:43:11 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Aussie
If Tai makes it to the end I think he wins as he has made the most moves and played the best game IMO. When he chose not to use the super idol to save Scott that was the turning point when he came into his own. If he doesn't make it to the end I think Cydney wins. She's very smart and has also played a similar game to Tai.

Yeah, that was the more interesting move of the game, in my opinion. It would have been a much more boring season if he didn't do that. Like I said before, I was also happy because I don't like Scott. However, his whole game doesn't seem to be driven by strategy but more what mood he is in at the time of Tribal. The kind of player who you can't depend on and is always floating from one strategy to another would likely get my vote in the end. Then again, I would take such a player over a coat-tail rider.

Here is my order of preference:

1. Cydney
2. Aubry
3. Michelle
4. Tai
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 18th, 2016 at 2:43:49 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
Thanks -- I did not know that? Please tell that to the teacher on Hot for Words. She says it comes to the expression "to play for love," which means to play for fun of it, without any wager.

I'm afraid etymonline agrees with Hot for Words

Phrase for "love or money" ~ "for anything" is from 1580s.
Phrase "playing for love," ~ "for nothing" is from 1670s.
The sense "no score" (in tennis, etc.) is from 1742

The familiar verb "tener" in Spanish can be used in the imperative mood

In French the same verb is spelled "tenir" and the imperative is "tenez"
May 18th, 2016 at 3:21:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
The first couple seasons food was a real issue in the game. As I recall in the first season, they had to find it themselves.

I think someone said even then they gave them a small rice ration. IIRC there was an issue because they ate rats and PETA threw a hissy fit.

I really only watched the last few episodes of Season 1 because you had to do so to be in the loop.

Is thus really 32 seasons? I know more than one a year but ouch.
The President is a fink.
May 18th, 2016 at 4:38:24 AM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
While I don't want to see the contestants starving, I do find the fact that they have a reward challenge every couple of days to somewhat take away from the survivor name. Particularly when the numbers get low and half of them are going on the reward. The idea that there's a good chance you'll get to feed your face every couple of days isn't one I like.
May 18th, 2016 at 6:09:02 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
IIRC there was an issue because they ate rats and PETA threw a hissy fit.

Jeez. I thought the show was more realistic when they had to find their own food.

Quote: Aussie
While I don't want to see the contestants starving, I do find the fact that they have a reward challenge every couple of days to somewhat take away from the survivor name. Particularly when the numbers get low and half of them are going on the reward. The idea that there's a good chance you'll get to feed your face every couple of days isn't one I like.

I agree but it may not bother me as much as you. In fairness, not every reward is for food. Sometimes it is for a fishing kit or a hammock.

It may be that what played better with the audience is the fights. If everybody is hungry they will lay around camp all day, which is not as entertaining.
May 18th, 2016 at 8:37:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Just saw another ad for the finale that mentioned "three tribal councils" - which would indicate a final 2.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 18th, 2016 at 7:42:38 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Michele won.... the only one no one voted for in the poll here.

I liked the final twist of voting out a jury member. She made the correct choice of voting out Neil.

Overall I'd say this was a "meh" season. It took a long time till I really cared about what was going on.

Tai's blindside of the two A-holes was the highlight of the season.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 18th, 2016 at 7:43:34 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
It has become an annual thing for me to have a bet on Survivor with my mother. This year it was hard to find agreement, as we both think Cydney will win. However, it came down to me getting everybody except Cydney and my mother has Cydney only. I still think Cydney has the best chance and deserves to win the most but it will be sweet to win my mother's money.
May 19th, 2016 at 6:32:05 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Anyone else catch that glimpse of Cydney's dad in the audience? Dude was about as big as The Rock!
May 19th, 2016 at 6:36:01 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Is that show still on the air.... I ain't watched in years and certainly never followed episode to episode.
Page 2 of 4<1234>