college students arguing

Page 1 of 212>
March 30th, 2016 at 1:08:37 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Cameras have made these kind of confrontations into major media events. This is two students having a fight about style. Are these guys really afraid of a girl? Is this really worth a police investigation or the time of a major news organization.
March 30th, 2016 at 2:01:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I saw this last nite
Both names are out in the public now
The hippie is a DJ
The black woman makes videos

The hippie was quite disturbed at being grabbed by this black chick. He did contact the police but then dropped the charge.
Its illegal to grab somebody to prevent them from walking away
Bottom line, keep your hands to yourself.
He thinks its better for the school to handle this then the police

The Black woman was clearly out of line
Me being a deadhead I support the hippie :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 30th, 2016 at 2:21:27 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Pacomartin
Are these guys really afraid of a girl?

You have to be. There is no "equal" in this scenario, I don't care how hairy this chick's legs are. You touch a woman, you are going down.

That right there is harassment and, it could be argued, battery. Damian Marley there has every right to defend himself using physical force, and he'd probably burn for it just the same.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 30th, 2016 at 2:24:01 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: terapined
...Me being a deadhead I support the hippie :-)

Hippie lives matter.
March 30th, 2016 at 3:04:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

The hippie was quite disturbed at being grabbed by this black chick. He did contact the police but then dropped the charge.

The girl had no business confronting him. Lets flip it and how would it look if a white guy confronted a black student for wearing a tie and wing-tip shoes, saying the black student was "appropriating his culture?!" For the record, this kind of thing is what makes me see major problems for the USA coming that I have posted elsewhere.

He probably called the cops to protect himself from her making a charge first.
The President is a fink.
March 30th, 2016 at 3:12:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
For the record, this kind of thing is what makes me see major problems for the USA coming that I have posted elsewhere.

For the record the USA is fine
one crazy girl
vs
The entire internet saying she is out of line
The USA will not fall apart due to 1 crazy girl.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 30th, 2016 at 3:20:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Big colleges often give students a mini-world that allows them to work through many of same civic activities they encounter later. You got your government, your complaints about government, your lack of voter interest, your clubs and activities. Stuff like this, is just stuff they can work through on their own, IMO.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 30th, 2016 at 3:35:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
For the record the USA is fine
one crazy girl
vs
The entire internet saying she is out of line
The USA will not fall apart due to 1 crazy girl.

It is not one crazy girl, it is one random encounter of many like it that happened to make the news. There are many more like her, too many.
The President is a fink.
March 30th, 2016 at 3:46:28 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: AZDuffman
It is not one crazy girl, it is one random encounter of many like it that happened to make the news. There are many more like her, too many.
And many more folks like the hippie DJ... too quick to call the police on someone who was just being thoughtless and rude.
March 30th, 2016 at 3:49:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Ayecarumba
And many more folks like the hippie DJ... too quick to call the police on someone who was just being thoughtless and rude.

I will stand by what I said above, he called the cops to get in front of things. He was being smart, white males on a college campus are guilty always and get run out before they can prove innocence. At least when a minority is making the accusation.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 212>