13 votes (50%)
10 votes (38.46%)
3 votes (11.53%)

26 members have voted

April 16th, 2016 at 11:30:06 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
And some of the stuff about NC with regards to the companies boycotting strike me as the latter.

So much the better if widespread acceptance is good for business.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 17th, 2016 at 8:04:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
California Man Dressed as Woman Busted for Videoing in Ladies Bathroom

He was dressed as a woman and "appeared to have breasts." So I guess he appeared to look like a woman.

But Ringo Starr, Bruce Springsteen, and PayPal supported his right to be in there!
The President is a fink.
April 17th, 2016 at 1:20:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

He was dressed as a woman and "appeared to have breasts." So I guess he appeared to look like a woman.

But Ringo Starr, Bruce Springsteen, and PayPal supported his right to be in there!

That's total BS
Ringo , Bruce and Paypal do not support people breaking the law
I think everybody agrees that videotaping in a bathroom regardless straight, gay transgender, atheist, martian
Is against the law
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 17th, 2016 at 1:27:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

That's total BS
Ringo , Bruce and Paypal do not support people breaking the law
I think everybody agrees that videotaping in a bathroom regardless straight, gay transgender, atheist, martian
Is against the law

I did not say they supported taping. I said they support his right to use the ladies room. More level-headed folks have said it is a bad idea and such things were going to happen. We were called bigots and haters.

So now we have a rape in a gay bar, a guy at a pool gawking and refusing to leave, now this. Hope you have your popcorn!
The President is a fink.
April 17th, 2016 at 1:43:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
More level-headed folks have said it is a bad idea and such things were going to happen.

There's an endless list of bad ideas. Women showing their ankles was a bad idea because it gave men the wrong idea. It still does in some cultures.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 17th, 2016 at 2:34:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
There's an endless list of bad ideas. Women showing their ankles was a bad idea because it gave men the wrong idea. It still does in some cultures.

And this has to do with letting men in the ladies room how exactly?
The President is a fink.
April 17th, 2016 at 3:29:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
And this has to do with letting men in the ladies room how exactly?

Because people have made assumptions about what is normal for men and women without considering what was considered normal at different times and places.

A friend of mine grew up in Japan almost 50 years ago used to tell me about being in public mixed bathing situations like it was a normal thing for a kid. And that's the way he viewed it.

Not saying one way is better, just that defining normal is much broader than what you like to suppose it is.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 17th, 2016 at 3:37:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Because people have made assumptions about what is normal for men and women without considering what was considered normal at different times and places.

But we do not need to worry about other places and times. Mixed bathing in Japan happens with the consent of both sides. Men in the ladies room does not. Bravo to North Carolina for common sense.
The President is a fink.
April 19th, 2016 at 7:57:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Pearl Jam just canceled their NC concerts due to the recent HB2 legislation signed by the Gov

Below statement from Pearl Jam

It is with deep consideration and much regret that we must cancel the Raleigh show in North Carolina on April 20th.
This will be upsetting to those who have tickets and you can be assured that we are equally frustrated by the situation.
The HB2 law that was recently passed is a despicable piece of legislation that encourages discrimination against an entire group of American citizens. The practical implications are expansive and its negative impact upon basic human rights is profound. We want America to be a place where no one can be turned away from a business because of who they love or fired from their job for who they are.
It is for this reason that we must take a stand against prejudice, along with other artists and businesses, and join those in North Carolina who are working to oppose HB2 and repair what is currently unacceptable.
We have communicated with local groups and will be providing them with funds to help facilitate progress on this issue.
In the meantime we will be watching with hope and waiting in line for a time when we can return.
Perhaps even celebrate.
With immense gratitude for your understanding,
Pearl Jam

http://www.jambase.com/article/pearl-jam-cancels-concert-north-carolina
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 19th, 2016 at 11:52:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
Pearl Jam just canceled their NC concerts due to the recent HB2 legislation signed by the Gov

What I want to know is when will the ag sue these groups fir not doing business with someone? Arent they discriminating against people for no good reason?

Not that NC wants all these bigots to perform there anyways. But shouldnt they refund say double the ticket prices as damages?
The President is a fink.