No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

February 22nd, 2016 at 3:28:43 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Face
I blame the pic quality. I can't even see Elton, and my "monitor" is a 40" flatscreen.

I knew I had Grohl and Pharell, but I would've sworn 1D was Backstreet. Stevie I don't recognize unless I see his dreads. And the only other ones I even recognize by name are Chris Martin and Jools Holland, both because of Top Gear.

So... 2. And I hate Nirvana.

There's is a bunch of folks who aren't as famous... or in their own niche. Or just UK-famous. Like Jake Bugg. Even if she sounds like he wants to be from the US.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 22nd, 2016 at 9:03:51 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: TheCesspit
There's is a bunch of folks who aren't as famous... or in their own niche. Or just UK-famous. .

I thought Foxes was getting pretty UK famous. I wondered why she wasn't included?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pecj5GGjQi8
February 22nd, 2016 at 9:21:48 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: Pacomartin
I thought Foxes was getting pretty UK famous. I wondered why she wasn't included?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pecj5GGjQi8

Cos there's hundreds of people who could have been?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 23rd, 2016 at 11:48:54 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Perhaps its political rather than musical???

The UK has been reeling from a bunch of scandals, most of them trumped up by the Press and the Police to intentionally undermine the relationships and the UK "independent" judiciary.

You can start with "Bicycle Gate", a possible verbal insult by a Government Minister that had police unions marching, "overheard" comments by officers proven to have been miles from the incident at the time, false entries in police logs, etc.

You can go on to the Saville "life long pervert" according to the Press and Police (but ONLY after he had kicked off and could not defend himself)

Then the Operation Yew Tree which had three famous men in the UK who were NOT suspected of kiddiefiddling and the police ordered to believe ALL accusations now matter how vague or absurd they may appear. Just about everyone else who was famous and rich was being dragged into various police inquires and police bails that lasted over a year of financial and emotional torment for them.

Throughout all this,,, the BBC came under attack for its shows about Saville and Rolf Harris and accusations ran as thick as rumors at the BBC.

So the BBC probably went thru their contract listing and found some singers willing to do Cameos.

Not such a bad idea.
February 23rd, 2016 at 12:59:44 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Nah, they just repeated the trick of "Perfect day" from the late 90's.
Page 2 of 2<12