Flight pricing

November 21st, 2015 at 8:41:15 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I know we have a lot of airline and travel experts here. I was wondering if there is a public website that shows historical flight pricing by months between city pairs?

It would be nice to have in general but I am specifically looking to find out when is the best time to find inexpensive prices between Las Vegas and Glaskow (or Edinburgh).

If anyone can recommend a website it would be appreciated.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 22nd, 2015 at 6:02:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I know we have a lot of airline and travel experts here. I was wondering if there is a public website that shows historical flight pricing by months between city pairs?

It would be nice to have in general but I am specifically looking to find out when is the best time to find inexpensive prices between Las Vegas and Glaskow (or Edinburgh).

I am not aware of one for the public
I work on a system called Sabre
In my system I am able to look up historical fares
Its a tool I use to sometimes help me change tickets.
Some changes to a ticket, historical fare rules apply(the rules in place for that fare on the date purchased)
Some changes, historical rules don't apply, you look at the what the fare rules are the day of the change
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 22nd, 2015 at 9:26:28 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich

I suggest you look up travel blogs and/or forums.

It might also help to book on low cost airlines and make a few stops. Say Condor to Germany and Ryanair to Scotland (possibly stopping at England or Ireland first). Just watch the fees before you book.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 22nd, 2015 at 10:01:14 AM permalink
DRich
Thanks. I have found a direct flight on Thomas Cook to Glasgow for around $800 round trip. So far that is by far the best option. I am just wondering about fare fluctuations seasonally. The other consideration is that fuel prices are dropping quite bit so would I bee better off waiting a few months to book?
November 22nd, 2015 at 10:05:02 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
I am not aware of one for the public
I work on a system called Sabre
In my system I am able to look up historical fares
Its a tool I use to sometimes help me change tickets.
Some changes to a ticket, historical fare rules apply(the rules in place for that fare on the date purchased)
Some changes, historical rules don't apply, you look at the what the fare rules are the day of the change

Thank you. I remember back in the earlier days when my only internet access was through Compuserve. They had an EasySabre command line interface available. That was probably the first time I ever saw any online flight reservation system. That must have been around 1994 or so.