boymimbo
Threads: 5
Ask, and you will receive.

You tube video of Leonard Nimoy naked

Everyone else: I apologize.
November 5th, 2017 at 10:19:43 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
The regular CBS All Access service with ads, launched in the fall of 2014, costs $5.99 monthly. At $9.99 per month, CBS All Access without ads in VOD content is the same price as Netflix's standard two-stream HD plan.

I tried the sample 7 day trail for CBS All Access (CAA) and watched 8 of the episodes for Star Trek Discovery.
I believe that this series is only the second original series only available to CAA members. Earlier this year, CAA streamed its first original series, The Good Wife spinoff The Good Fight.

CAA provides access to 9000-plus episodes on demand that span primetime, daytime, late-night and classic TV.

As streaming services CAA seems to offer very little for the money. The series did have some original takes on the ST series, but it alone isn't worth paying that much money for.
November 5th, 2017 at 10:33:44 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I wouldn't pay 10 cents for any
of these services. I'm very happy
with Nflix and Prime. I did a free
week with Hulu and saw not a
single reason I would ever watch
it again. HBO is 15.95 a month
and is a joke as far as movies are
concerned.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 20th, 2018 at 7:20:49 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
I wouldn't pay 10 cents for any of these services.

Quote: CBS Says it Now Has 5 Million Streaming Subscribers

CBS says the company now has 5 million streaming video subscribers courtesy of the company's All Access streaming video service and its Showtime standalone streaming service. "I do view it as complementary," CBS boss Les Moonves said when asked whether such offerings hurt the traditional cable TV cash cow. “The things that are driving our OTT product right now are catch-up on our network shows and then obviously as we add more original content, that becomes a driver.” CBS All Access is sold for $6 per month with ads and $10 per month without, and users can now grab both All Access and Showtime in a $15 per month bundle.

Although 5 million subscribers is a fraction of Netflix's 55 million domestic and 62 million foreign subscribers, I am a little shocked that CBS got this far based on some old reruns, replays of free broadcast shows and only a handful of new shows.
February 20th, 2018 at 7:25:48 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Although 5 million subscribers is a fraction of Netflix's 55 million domestic and 62 million foreign subscribers, I am a little shocked that CBS got this far based on some old reruns, replays of free broadcast shows and only a handful of new shows.

You do not understand the power of the Trek Side :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 20th, 2018 at 10:19:09 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Nareed
You do not understand the power of the Trek Side :)

I ordered a trial week and watched 9 out of 15 episodes and cancelled.

In the last year, I've watched 339 movies or TV episodes on Netflix.

I can't even imagine watching 50 episodes from this group of CBS shows.

The Big Bang Theory (renewed)
Young Sheldon (renewed)
Mom
NCIS
Kevin Can Wait
Bull
Life in Pieces
SEAL Team
Man With a Plan
SWAT
Hawaii Five-0
Criminal Minds
NCIS: New Orleans
Me, Myself & I (cancelled)
9JKL
NCIS: Los Angeles
Superior Donuts
Blue Bloods
Wisdom of the Crowd (cancelled)
MacGyver
Scorpion
Madam Secretary
February 20th, 2018 at 10:46:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Wow, that's a lot
Give us your best of Netflix list
Currently between streaming services. Been reading Game of Thrones books. , watching Olympics and playing video games (Zelda Breath of the Wild)
Thinking of resigning up with Netflix
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 20th, 2018 at 11:15:42 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Between Nflix, Prime, and Comcast
On Demand, there is always something
to watch. On Demand actually has better
movies than Prime or Nflx. I saw
Independence Day II last night and it's
only available On Demand. It got crappy
reviews and I expected to turn it off
after 20 min, but an hour in I realized,
hey, this is pretty good. Everybody complained
because Will Smith wasn't in it. I didn't miss
him at all, a little of his smart ass humor
goes a long way for me..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 20th, 2018 at 1:49:17 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I ordered a trial week and watched 9 out of 15 episodes and cancelled.

Watch out for Roddenberry's ghost :)

Quote:

I don't think I've watched that much Netflix in several years.

Related question: can you binge-watch a show you've already seen every episode of?

My experience is that it depends on the show and the time. I had Trek TNG on Netflix, and couldn't stand to re-watch more than a few eps. On the other hand, when i got the B5 DVDs, I binged all 4 seasons in a short time.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 20th, 2018 at 2:14:24 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
For Netflix, since the fall, I've streamed Breaking Bad (all watched) and Mad Men (all watched), and now I am onto House of Cards. Also, I will stream episodes Comedians in Cars getting Coffee (Seinfeld) and watch a lot of comedy (stand up). Letterman's recent interviews are very good as well. Netflix is an excellent service and I like that you can download and watch offline. Its UI is pretty optimized and works on older devices very well without crapping out.

I'll download for a plane trip and watch 5 or 6 episodes on the plane on my Yoga (tab).

I never considered CBS All Access as it's absolute crap. I guess if I want to watch Star Trek I can always grab it off of Exodus (Kodi app). But I don't like to do that unless I have to.
Page 2 of 3<123>