1 vote (7.14%)
8 votes (57.14%)
5 votes (35.71%)

14 members have voted

January 11th, 2016 at 2:52:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Well, there goes my fantasy to be invited to a Mansion party. Probably just as well, nobody would have talked to me.

BTW, did anybody hear buy the last clothed issue? There was an article about gambling myths I helped on, and would like to know if I was given any credit. I forgot to buy a copy.

Did not buy it as it will never be worth much. Did you check online?
The President is a fink.
January 11th, 2016 at 5:26:27 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
I'm a subscriber, and I haven't received one yet.
January 11th, 2016 at 7:36:44 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: zippyboy
I'm a subscriber, and I haven't received one yet.

Please let me know when you do.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 12th, 2016 at 1:21:32 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I wonder if this is what happens when there are so many commentators about women holding lunchtime meetings in upscale watering holes: the women all bandy about statistics of how they are cheated by society, particularly as unequal wage slaves with males, but the only males present are the waiters and bus staff. Society now no longer tolerates the tastefule nudes but does not tolerate the truth either.
January 19th, 2016 at 3:40:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Now it seems "Penthouse" will be no more. Larry Flynt has already said "Hustler" may not survive on the news stand. That would be it for the big-3 of the 1970s.
The President is a fink.
January 19th, 2016 at 3:56:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Now it seems "Penthouse" will be no more. Larry Flynt has already said "Hustler" may not survive on the news stand. That would be it for the big-3 of the 1970s.

I haven't read any of those mags since the
70's. The last Playboy I bought had a 55
year old Nancy Sinatra nude layout in 1995.

Warning: Nude frontal shots of Frank's daughter.

https://vintagedarkhorse1.wordpress.com/2009/06/06/nancy-sinatra-part-2-the-playboy-spread/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 19th, 2016 at 9:08:00 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Evenbob
I haven't read any of those mags since the 70's.

lol....who does?
January 19th, 2016 at 9:23:56 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: zippyboy
lol....who does?

What will happen first, the death of Hugh or the last issue of Playboy in any format?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 20th, 2016 at 2:54:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Wizard
What will happen first, the death of Hugh or the last issue of Playboy in any format?

Death of Hugh. Just a hunch.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2016 at 3:46:39 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Death of Hugh. Just a hunch.

Agree.

My dad had a Playboy subscription from about 1962. Might have been earlier, but those are the issue covers I remember (thanks for that link, Wizard - good one). He kept them all in the back of the parental bathroom closet. We didn't discuss it, but I would guess both my brothers and I snuck in there regularly to read them.

I liked the comics, especially Little Annie Fanny, and the joke page. They had some of the best quality cartoonists ever in print. I also liked the women's body types (the models they chose) from the 60- early 80's, but then they started getting skinny and plastic at the same time. I really enjoyed the LeRoi Neiman abstracts, but my favorite were the Vargas girls. They were so beautiful, I would flip through to look for one of them first.

I'm guessing it's more than 30 years since I read one. I carried all of them on my newsstand/bookstore in the late 70's, including the first Hustler (wish I'd put away one of those still in the wrapper; bet it's worth something). The other one that was hard to keep intact was their Scratch 'n Sniff issue (wondering how many here were around for that). People just had to check it out for themselves. Gross. But I finally took an opened one and pinned it up under a masking page with a note about "if you just can't help yourself, lift and scratch". We carried Playboy, Hustler, Penthouse, Cheri, and about 4 others I can't remember the names of. We tried carrying Playgirl, too, but it didn't sell; it just got "handled" a lot.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has