Vigilance

Page 3 of 4<1234>
July 2nd, 2015 at 8:12:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
My most fundamental and deepest held belief is that all humans are equal and of inestimable value.

You support Gay marriage in the Church then,
all humans being equal, with equal treatment
for all. Gay sex is just fine with you and your
Church. If you say no then your 'deepest held
belief' is not a belief at all, but a sham.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 2nd, 2015 at 8:29:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
This is close to the definition of a non-sequitur. How is not supporting gay "marriage" equivalent of denying all humans are equal?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 2nd, 2015 at 8:45:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
How is not supporting gay "marriage" equivalent of denying all humans are equal?

How is not letting Blacks use the Whites
public restrooms not fair. They have
their own restrooms, it's fairness
personified. Right?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 2nd, 2015 at 9:31:56 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
How is not letting Blacks use the Whites
public restrooms not fair. They have
their own restrooms, it's fairness
personified. Right?

Men and women do have their own bathrooms and this is fair, because there is a real difference between men and women. I think you see and understand this.

Is there a real difference between a black woman and a white woman? NO, therefore it doesn't make sense nor is it fair to have different restrooms for different races. Why don't you see that in your comparison you are thinking like a racist.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 3rd, 2015 at 12:55:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Men and women do have their own bathrooms and this is fair, because there is a real difference between men and women.

What is the 'real difference'. Women have
a shorter urethra, you can't call that much
of a difference. It's a cultural thing, it's
not biological and certainly not a spiritual
issue. Unisex restrooms are common in
many places.

Just like the Church rejecting Gays who practice
their proclivity. There is a hair breadth of difference
between Gay sex and straight sex, and the Church
makes a mountain out of that molehill.
July 3rd, 2015 at 9:52:03 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Good, non-discrimitory reasons for separate mens and womans bathrooms:

Peeping toms
Fast lane/slow lane - I don't know if you noticed, but there tends to be more "capacity" for woman's bathrooms - either they are larger and have more fixtures, or they are equal in size ar places where a larger percentage of men frequent, and yet there is still often a longer wait and a longer line for the women.

But I think public safety from the creeps is the #1 reason for still having separate bathrooms.

Why small gas stations and small offices and restataunts still bave separate bathrooms - the kind where only one person at a time can use them - I don't know.

Most public events with porta-johns are unisex. I even saw one with a mega-john that was a multi-place urinal for the rapid servicing of the men. To me this makes a lot of sense.

So in many ways the separation of mens and womans facilities is a purely practical one, and isn't because men or women are being discriminated.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 3rd, 2015 at 10:36:27 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64
But I think public safety from the creeps is the #1 reason for still having separate bathrooms.

Many of us dislike wiping urine from the seat, when it's even down. Nor do we like having our undergarments, and other things, get wet with bodily fluids. Having seen and used both kinds of restrooms, I can assure you keeping men out from our spaces makes perfect sense for basic hygiene alone.

Before the usual objections: yes, I know urine is most often sterile and most people won't be harmed by having it make contact with the skin. But it also carries an unpleasant odor, it is a rather good growth medium for bacteria, and it can cause a rash.

Seriously, either use the urinal or SIT DOWN. If it were twice as big as you think it is, it would be half as big as it really is. Get over it.

Next, women take longer to use the bathroom, even if we did not linger afterwards to check hair, makeup, etc. How much longer may astonish you. Ever seen a beautiful bride wearing a flouncy, ballroom wedding dress? It can take as much as half an hour under such conditions, and requires at least one other person to help, not to mention some equipment..
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 3rd, 2015 at 11:20:53 AM permalink
Nareed
Men and women do have their own bathrooms and this is fair, because there is a real difference between men and women.

Well, then, let's be consistent: if men and women are fundamentally different, then it follows we cannot call both places where they go to perform unmentionable physiological functions by the same name.

That's how ridiculous you sound when you vehemently oppose the use of the word marriage for same sex marriages.
July 3rd, 2015 at 12:51:54 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
Well, then, let's be consistent: if men and women are fundamentally different, then it follows we cannot call both places where they go to perform unmentionable physiological functions by the same name.

That's how ridiculous you sound when you vehemently oppose the use of the word marriage for same sex marriages.

Boy that does sound bad? We would have to change the word for fork and anything else that both men and women use. However, the word bathroom or fork doesn't imply necessarily different genders. Marriage on the other hand does, or at least did. If we can change that one word to mean something totally different maybe we can change other words as well. I've always wondered why we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway. Let's just change it. That's how ridiculous you sound when you vehemently propose using the word marriage for same sex couples.
July 3rd, 2015 at 12:59:53 PM permalink
Nareed
I've always wondered why we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway.

"Parkway" originally meant a broad thoroughfare with a dividing strip or side strips planted with trees, grass and otherwise resembling parkland.

Any other questions?
Page 3 of 4<1234>