The Discomfort Thread

May 20th, 2015 at 2:39:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I saw my dog eat 4 bee's, stinging him all the way down his throat, to keep them away from my kids. The loyalty was amazing.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 20th, 2015 at 3:10:51 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Cats defend their home by pouncing on bees and keeping their paws pressing down even on a bumble bee or hornet. Despite large stingers and strong jaws cats seem to know to keep the pressure on until the invader dies.

I doubt I'm ever going to crawl past a snake hoping to be groomed free of ticks, but a capuchine? Who knows? Monkeys would groom dogs free of ticks, perhaps people too?

Or if an animal would not remove the tick, perhaps it could be trained to see/smell one and give an alert? Do ticks exude any pheromones or kairomones?
May 21st, 2015 at 2:21:12 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Recently I have been a little surprised how long the tick bites I get leave a mark and an itch - don't seem to remember that from my younger days.

HOWEVER, having removed more ticks than I can count in my lifetime, I don't ever remember pain! That's weird, Face.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 21st, 2015 at 12:40:42 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman
Passed another kidney stone yesterday.

Nope. Don't want no part of this. I deal with enough, I don't need a jagged rock being forced through my pee hole.

Quote: Evenbob
I don't mind needles, I would have
made a good junkie. It's all in your
head. Nobody cares if they stick
themselves sewing something, but
are terrified of a hypodermic. Which
usually hurts not at all.

It's definitely all in my head. I know it. But I don't have the exposure to getting stuck that I need to get over it. I even remember how it started - mom was afraid of needles and freaked out in front of me when I was like 6yrs old. Around that same time, I saw "The Fly", and there was one scene where a needle got snapped off in Goldblum's arm. I've been messed up ever since.

I can handle them OK if they go into something hard. Into the gums or into my ass cheek is fine, it just stings a bit. But into softer stuff, like the forearm. Bleh. Can't handle it.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 21st, 2015 at 12:59:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face
Nope. Don't want no part of this. I deal with enough, I don't need a jagged rock being forced through my pee hole.

My brother-in-laws nephew was visiting and he carries a small pebble sized stone in a tiny plastic bag. It's for show and tell. Almost as big as a pea but a bit oblong.

It was his second kidney stone incident in a couple years. He started hurting like Hell. It begin to pass and he was in the bathroom taking a leak expecting it to exit. Got stuck in the end of his penis. So now he's hurting and he can't piss either.

So anyway he ends up in the ER after another miserable hour like this. The female doctor suggest she can stick needles in his member to numb it or just go for it and get it over with. He decides, just go for it.

She pokes metal forceps into the end of his penis and drags it out.

Yah, so you can imagine, they were holding him so he wouldn't jump or faint. I think he may have done both.

He has a bit of mortal fear to say the least about them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2015 at 12:39:34 PM permalink
RedNeckerson
Threads: 5
Quote: Fleastiff
Cats defend their home by pouncing on bees and keeping their paws pressing down even on a bumble bee or hornet. Despite large stingers and strong jaws cats seem to know to keep the pressure on until the invader dies.

I doubt I'm ever going to crawl past a snake hoping to be groomed free of ticks, but a capuchine? Who knows? Monkeys would groom dogs free of ticks, perhaps people too?

Or if an animal would not remove the tick, perhaps it could be trained to see/smell one and give an alert? Do ticks exude any pheromones or kairomones?

I lived in Spicewood Texas for years. In the house that we built we had stained concrete floors which were a reddish brown in color. We also had an enormous number of scorpions which love hot dry weather. So, with the drought we have been under for what seems like decades, we always seemed to be infested with them. And they were very well camouflaged on that floor!

We had two house cats too. Spooky and Prince were their names. The cats were amazing at finding scorpions and playing with them until they were dead. They could spot them from across the room. I never saw them get stung either. They would slide around the floor using them like hockey pucks, just having the time of their lives. It was awesome to watch. They had so much fun killing things! I never saw either of them get bitten or stung by anything that they pounced on.

Our dogs are another story. Both of them got into porcupines out there and one of them was bit by a rattlesnake and damn near died.
May 22nd, 2015 at 2:09:00 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Scorpions glow under uv light. Cats generally see only BandW.
May 23rd, 2015 at 2:32:49 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: RedNeckerson
It was awesome to watch. They had so much fun killing things! I never saw either of them get bitten or stung by anything that they pounced on.

Ever notice how fast a snake strikes? To a cat that is slow motion. There are plenty of videos like this on you tube.

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 28th, 2015 at 6:05:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
RANT TIME!

Kidney stone acting up today, and I mean really bad . I had to call the doc for pills, never did that before. Bad enough to vomit, which I did in the old parking lot of an employer I hated. Knock a grown man to the floor bad.

Anyhow, they wrote the scrip for some pills. But instead of calling it in I had to drive 30+ miles each way instead of 4 to the pharmacy because now by law a person has to pick up a scrip for certain pain meds in person. Almost an extra 2 hours in unbearable pain.

Thanks, pill freaks!
The President is a fink.
May 29th, 2015 at 10:04:28 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
RANT TIME!

Kidney stone acting up today, and I mean really bad . I had to call the doc for pills, never did that before. Bad enough to vomit, which I did in the old parking lot of an employer I hated. Knock a grown man to the floor bad.

Anyhow, they wrote the scrip for some pills. But instead of calling it in I had to drive 30+ miles each way instead of 4 to the pharmacy because now by law a person has to pick up a scrip for certain pain meds in person. Almost an extra 2 hours in unbearable pain.

Thanks, pill freaks!

Have you ever captured one [or more] of those stones when they pass, or had them "blasted" while still inside and determined if they are a calcium type of stone or build up?

Have you ever looked at Chelation therapy, or alternative medicine? This repeated suffering just does not seem right. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=chelation+therapy&ia=about
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW