Gigafactory

November 5th, 2017 at 5:16:21 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Just learned that the Tesla Model 3 does not have an FM radio.

They promise to add one someday.
November 6th, 2017 at 3:33:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

I have heard that the average car being over 10 years old is helping prop up the AM/FM stations as they do not have bluetooth or other gadgets for other methods of entertainment. I rarely listen to AM/FM, but would still want it. Not having it shows a management out of touch with the common buyer.
The President is a fink.
November 21st, 2017 at 8:02:30 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
I have heard that the average car being over 10 years old is helping prop up the AM/FM stations as they do not have bluetooth or other gadgets for other methods of entertainment. I rarely listen to AM/FM, but would still want it. Not having it shows a management out of touch with the common buyer.

When Norway cut off FM radio earlier this year there were 2 million cars on Norway’s roads that are not equipped with Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) receivers. Sixty-six percent of Norwegians opposed switching off FM, with just 17 percent in favor and the rest undecided. Nevertheless, parliament gave the final go-ahead for the move last month, swayed by the fact that digital networks can carry more radio channels.

Switzerland plans a similar shift from 2020, and Britain and Denmark are among those also considering such a switch. A smooth transition to DAB, which is already beamed across Norway, could encourage these countries to move ahead.
March 14th, 2018 at 2:29:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Tesla employees say automaker is churning out a high volume of flawed parts requiring costly rework.

They can blast a car to space, but still cannot handle the basics.
The President is a fink.
March 21st, 2018 at 2:42:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Musk has been given a plan that can give him a $50MMM payout. IOW, the market cap of GM! Is there any part of the financials of TSLA that make any sense at all?
The President is a fink.
March 21st, 2018 at 2:44:10 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Musk has been given a plan that can give him a $50MMM payout. IOW, the market cap of GM! Is there any part of the financials of TSLA that make any sense at all?
It always makes sense to the man receiving the money.
March 21st, 2018 at 2:45:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Fleastiff
It always makes sense to the man receiving the money.

Exactly, it is the investors whose sanity needs to be questioned.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 21st, 2018 at 2:54:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
It makes as much sense to me, as FANGS representing such a large portion of the DJIA.

Nothing seems real.

added: Is this what you referred to? https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-21/calstrs-opposes-elon-musks-26-billion-package-will-others-follow
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 21st, 2018 at 6:00:14 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: reno

I stopped listening to FM radio about 30 years ago when I got into collecting live music
I have a much better and varied collection then any radio station
I really enjoy listening to live music
Too me, its the real deal. Raw and polished talent unfiltered
Take Elvis. A radio station will play one of his hits recorded in the studio
No interest in listening to that. If I want to hear Elvis, I listen to one of his live shows.
Always opens with a killer CC Rider. His chatter between songs can be very entertaining
Of course when it comes to the Grateful Dead, studio Dead kind of sucks, always go with live dead.
Songs change and evolve over an artists career.
Take Santana's O Como Vey. It has definitely evolved and expanded over Carlos's career.
No interest in the early studio version, I want live later in the career. Stretched out O Como Vey rather then the 3 1/2 minute studio version
I love live Steely Dan and Hey 19. Walter Becker will always tells a story in the middle. Whatever is on his mind and its always pretty cool.
Don't hear that on the radio
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 22nd, 2018 at 3:35:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph

That is it, though his full package is way bigger than the headline.

I gotta pull a few years of TSLA numbers and do some analysis. None of TSLA makes any sense. I have to wonder if they do not eventually pull an AOL and find a sucker TWC to merge with, and walk off with most of a more profitable company. Except AOL was profitable, just as it turned out at its peak. I could see them walking off with FCA. Close Chrysler, keep Jeep, and get some people who know how to bend steel on the payroll.

But really I prefer to see if I can figure when the collapse is coming and buy some way cheap LEAP Puts. Make a fortune, maybe get to do lunch with Mark Baum and discuss.
The President is a fink.