Basketball Talk

Page 1 of 51234>Last »
April 19th, 2015 at 8:40:26 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Well it is that time of year again when the NBA magically becomes fun and exciting to watch. What series do you think is going to be exciting in the first round? I actually am a huge Pelicans fan, but they are in very serious trouble.

I'm excited about all the series with teams from Texas in them.

How far do you think the Hawks will get? How about the Cavs?

Will Rose be able to carry the Bulls and not get hurt in the process?

Yeah NBA!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 20th, 2015 at 9:00:57 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
That's the first time I'd ever heard of the NBA Pelicans.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 20th, 2022 at 1:19:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Juwan Howard needs to be fired
Unacceptable
No suspension, FIRED
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 20th, 2022 at 1:36:39 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
They will fire him IF AND ONLY IF they believe a replacement will bring in more booster money or the replacement will generate more wins. Do you think there are any other factors a major college actually uses when determining who their basketball head coach is?
February 20th, 2022 at 2:08:57 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
They will fire him IF AND ONLY IF they believe a replacement will bring in more booster money or the replacement will generate more wins. Do you think there are any other factors a major college actually uses when determining who their basketball head coach is?

Sure they will fire him
Elite 8 last year
Probably NIT this year
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 20th, 2022 at 2:32:47 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
Sure they will fire him
Elite 8 last year
Probably NIT this year

I’ll bet you one Starbucks that he is their head coach first game next year. I think he is even harder to fire because of Fab 5 legacy.
February 20th, 2022 at 3:09:36 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I’ll bet you one Starbucks that he is their head coach first game next year. I think he is even harder to fire because of Fab 5 legacy.

I would take that bet if you are offering it just because he will definitely get a suspension and it might not start until next season. if he doesn't coach the first game and is on suspension I would say he isn't the head coach that game.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 20th, 2022 at 3:24:40 PM permalink
terapined

The guy is out of control
He escalated the situation today
Ain't the 1st time
He was lunging at coach Turgeon threatening to kill him at the Big 10 tournament last year.
He brushes it off on his Chicago old neighborhood upbringing. Newsflash. This ain't the old neighborhood. This is a major college program on national TV
"Report: Maryland Alleges Juwan Howard Told Mark Turgeon 'I'll F--king Kill You'" https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2935895-report-maryland-alleges-juwan-howard-told-mark-turgeon-ill-f-king-kill-you.amp.html
He should be fired. Latest incident is due to him getting petty when he's getting his butt kicked. I've seen incidents that can make a coach livid. Opposing coach calling a timeout ain't one of them.
February 21st, 2022 at 5:34:23 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
The guy is out of control
He escalated the situation today
Ain't the 1st time
He was lunging at coach Turgeon threatening to kill him at the Big 10 tournament last year.
He brushes it off on his Chicago old neighborhood upbringing. Newsflash. This ain't the old neighborhood. This is a major college program on national TV
"Report: Maryland Alleges Juwan Howard Told Mark Turgeon 'I'll F--king Kill You'" https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2935895-report-maryland-alleges-juwan-howard-told-mark-turgeon-ill-f-king-kill-you.amp.html
He should be fired. Latest incident is due to him getting petty when he's getting his butt kicked. I've seen incidents that can make a coach livid. Opposing coach calling a timeout ain't one of them.

I agree with everything you just posted. I’m still willing to risk a Starbucks that he doesn’t get fired. If the slap was his first and only incident, I think I’d just suspend him. If it is part of a pattern, he gets the axe.
February 21st, 2022 at 4:45:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Michigan coach Juwan Howard suspended for the rest of the regular season for role in postgame melee versus Wisconsin.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 1 of 51234>Last »