Last Twinkees will soon be baked

Page 3 of 3<123
November 20th, 2012 at 5:45:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DJTeddyBear

...BIG NEWS: The unions and management are back in negotiations!...

Per the judge they were forced back. I don't see much happening unless the judge tells the union to back down. Every day they are closed it is that much harder to get it all back up and running. Grocery store here had their display broken down on Sunday. Only Hostess poduct left was fruitcake. Go figure.

Yes, I am serious that was all that was left!
The President is a fink.
November 20th, 2012 at 8:54:16 AM permalink
theodores
Threads: 2
Grupo Bimbo of Mexico is the leading prospective buyer for Hostess' core brands.
November 20th, 2012 at 1:08:48 PM permalink
RedNeckerson
Threads: 5
They had already come to an agreement with the Teamsters, who is their largest Union. The Bakery Union is the hold up and they account for 30% of the workforce. I see them coming to terms now that they realize management is willing to liquidate. There'll be Twinkies again soon enough.
November 20th, 2012 at 2:42:59 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: RedNeckerson
They had already come to an agreement with the Teamsters, who is their largest Union. The Bakery Union is the hold up and they account for 30% of the workforce. I see them coming to terms now that they realize management is willing to liquidate. There'll be Twinkies again soon enough.

That's too bad, I was hoping Bimbo would get control of Ding Dongs and Twinkies.
November 20th, 2012 at 8:50:49 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Ayecarumba
That's too bad, I was hoping Bimbo would get control of Ding Dongs and Twinkies.

I don't know about ding dongs, whatever they are, but Bimbo owns the company that makes Twinkies down here.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 21st, 2012 at 4:56:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RedNeckerson

I'm not so sure. Sometimes a union wants to brag they brought a company to their knees, show others they will do the same to them if demands are not met.

EDIT: Yep.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 3<123