Darwin Awards

Page 4 of 5<12345>
January 29th, 2018 at 6:09:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs
Other people will dump a knife into soapy water to soak it, then reach in blindly. I can't make myself do that, and I don't know how they can. Other people will cut things into their palm, knowing they won't cut too deep. I refuse to do that as well.

I have two Victorinox chefs knives that
are sharp as scalpels. They are the most
used knives in the industry. They scare
me to death, I treat them with utmost
respect. I never wash them, I wipe them
clean and put them back in the sheath.
They could cut half an inch deep in
a trice..

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 30th, 2018 at 1:16:24 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
I have two Victorinox chefs knives that
are sharp as scalpels. They are the most
used knives in the industry. They scare
me to death, I treat them with utmost
respect. I never wash them, I wipe them
clean and put them back in the sheath.
They could cut half an inch deep in
a trice..

Great knives, I have three of them (8", 10", and a Granton edge slicer). All the money went where it counts. They are every bit as good as my Global G2s.
January 30th, 2018 at 1:18:56 PM permalink
Mosca
The guy with the oxygen tank in the MRI room, he was taking the tank to his ailing father and asked repeatedly to make sure the machine was off, and was told by the MRI attendant something along the lines of, "What, don't you think I know my job?"

So, Darwin Award, but maybe not for the poor victim and his family.
January 30th, 2018 at 1:32:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mosca
Great knives, I have three of them (8", 10", and a Granton edge slicer). All the money went where it counts. They are every bit as good as my Global G2s.

I'm not fond of the 10",
too unweildly. I'm looking
to get a Victorinox cleaver
next. Dang thing is a weapon..

Here it is:
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 30th, 2018 at 1:56:25 PM permalink
Mosca
I use the 8" the most, but the 10" has its place with things like carrots, potatoes, onions, etc. The thicker stuff.

And, oh man. That cleaver is awesome!
January 30th, 2018 at 2:06:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I'd blame the people running the MRI. An oxygen tank is no small thing. You shouldn't be able to just go into the room anyway without someone screening them.

Or they should have installed a door when it was built if it's just walk in.

Anything that can become dangerous through the air just by turning it on has no business not being in a closed room with someone monitoring it while it is unlocked.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 30th, 2018 at 2:19:28 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
When I had MRI in the past I had to have my eyes Xrayed to make sure I didn't have a shard of steel in there. Kinda creepy the idea of a splinter of steel coming flying out of your eye.
January 30th, 2018 at 2:22:10 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Oh, I just remembered, the inventor of the MRI is (or was) a young earth creationist christian. Thank God.
January 30th, 2018 at 4:21:31 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Mosca
The guy with the oxygen tank in the MRI room, he was taking the tank to his ailing father and asked repeatedly to make sure the machine was off, and was told by the MRI attendant something along the lines of, "What, don't you think I know my job?"
So, Darwin Award, but maybe not for the poor victim and his family.

Is the machine OFF (so that I may safely take this metal oxygen tank there?)
Is the machine OFF (so that my father is not getting any treatment, you incompetent jerk?)

Attendant replied to the 2nd version but son had asked the 1st version.
January 31st, 2018 at 2:59:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
Hamas co-founder dies after accidentally shooting himself in face, militant group says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/hamas-co-founder-dies-after-accidentally-shooting-himself-in-face-militant-group-says/ar-BBIvqeW?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 4 of 5<12345>