Who do you have a man crush on?

Page 1 of 41234>
February 7th, 2015 at 6:39:53 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
This thread is intended for straight men but participation is welcome from all. The question is, who do you find so attractive/appealing that you have to remind yourself that you're heterosexual.

I'll go first. My answer is James Franco. You may remember him as the main character in 127 hours. If this movie sounds familiar, it is about the guy who had to cut off his own arm with a pocket knife to save his life. He also played the Wizard in Oz, the Great and Powerful (I'm not sure if that is a coincidence).

You can see from the picture he has a great smile. In my own life have no close friends with an hourly job. I seem to attract people into my life that are self employed, professional gamblers, or like Kramer from Sienfeld who just seem to easily fall into money no matter what they do. I don't know the actor so I have to go on the two characters I just mentioned. Both of them showed a carefree attitude, sense of humor, yet a strong determination. Physically, in both men and women, I favor a slender athletic look, which he has.

Okay, there I opened the door. Who is man enough to go next?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 7th, 2015 at 7:11:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Tom Selleck, always. What guy doesn't want
to be him. Handsome as hell, even in his
late 60's, always nice, always personable,
a huge hunk of a man. Having a man
crush has nothing to do with sex. It's
what traits another man has that we
admire.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 7th, 2015 at 7:14:23 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Wizard

Okay, there I opened the door. Who is man enough to go next?

Pfft, easiest game ever.

First ever might have been Henry Rollins. All due respect, his music I found merely "OK", with only a few of his songs resonating within me. It wasn't until his talk show that I fell in love. I could just dig what he was saying, and even when I disagree with him, there's something about his intensity that you just can't find fault with. That drive to keep pushing, he's a guy I'd want on my side.

Chris Cornell. By far the best voice I have ever heard. Whether it was the early stuff like Rusty Cage when he was in Soundgarden, any of the songs made when he teamed up with the Rage guys to make Audioslave, or his crazy awesome solo stuff, every one is like pure, unfiltered soul.

Mike Rowe. He's the next Morgan Freeman, as far as famous voices go. If ever I do something worthy of a biography, I want him to narrate my life. Hell of a singer, too. Sounds like Thurl Ravenscroft. And as he becomes more active in activism and politics, I find myself more and more wanting him to be in charge of something.

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 7th, 2015 at 7:17:01 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Evenbob
Tom Selleck, always.

Wow -- I wasn't expecting you to give a name. Good for you.

Yup, Tom is definitely a manly kind of man. Always in control and very good with the ladies. However, I just can't stand body hair. I shudder with disgust when I see hairy men with their shirts off. Ick!

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 7th, 2015 at 7:21:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Mike Rowe is right up there too. He's the
same as Selleck, manly. And I like body
hair on men, because I don't have any.
A lot of women like it too.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 7th, 2015 at 7:32:20 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I've gotta agree with the Mike Rowe pick for sure.

As far as musicians go I am so amazed at Adam Levine's voice and his musical ability. Have you seen this clip of him doing musical impressions with Jimmy Fallon. I can't stop watching it:

I also like Joe Rogan a lot. His is funny and intelligent. I also like that he is willing to not only announce the UFC fights but does it as well.

Would it also be creepy to add Face to this list? I really enjoy hearing about his adventures and how he seems to be able to do anything from fishing, driving a boat, fixing up a race car and racing it. He seems like a man's man.

Um...How about them Chicago Bears?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 7th, 2015 at 7:33:50 PM permalink
Face
same as Selleck, manly. And I like body
hair on men, because I don't have any.
A lot of women like it too.

Yeah, it's a big thing now. Beards are super in, and I mean Grizzly Adams type beards. They make women swoon.

Fortunately for my sake, there's still a number who prefer the clean look. Other than the ability to grow a hell of an afro, I'm very much challenged in the hair department. Hell, some of the pics I've posted here show me with 3 months facial growth. Seen me with a beard yet? lol

Re: Selleck, I always preferred Reynolds. Magnum PI was a cool cat, but the Bandit and Stroker Ace had him licked.

February 7th, 2015 at 7:47:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Young Clint Eastwood. Or maybe Cary Grant.

Grant would be more for the personality.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 7th, 2015 at 8:15:48 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The Beatles
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 7th, 2015 at 8:43:20 PM permalink
Face
same as Selleck, manly.

For me, it's not just that. Yeah, a man should be a man and do manly things. Whether it's doing intricate electrical work or just pulling turds out of a clogged pipe, a man needs to be a man. But that stuff just makes you a "man", and men, if that's all they have, are largely utilitarian and not really worthy of praise. We're like hammers; useful, but not all that special.

But Rowe is also quite intelligent. It's obvious anytime he talks. He does have a beautiful voice, I think he's sang opera. He can play the piano, and does so well. Maybe it's no more than confidence, but there's an air that he can do anything; build a house, fix a car, soothe an infant, bake a pie, sing a song, mine for coal, dance the Charleston... he's well rounded, and that's attractive.

Quote: FrGamble

I also like Joe Rogan a lot. His is funny and intelligent. I also like that he is willing to not only announce the UFC fights but does it as well.

Everything I own, right now, on the spot, to get Rogan on this site and debate FrG XD

You think EB is bad? Ooooh, lawd have mercy ;) Just hop on the YouTubes and search Joe+Rogan+God. And do buckle up, dear Father.

Quote: FrGamble
Would it also be creepy to add Face to this list? I really enjoy hearing about his adventures and how he seems to be able to do anything from fishing, driving a boat, fixing up a race car and racing it. He seems like a man's man.

I made the list!

=D
Page 1 of 41234>