Deflate-gate

Page 4 of 4<1234
January 30th, 2015 at 6:36:23 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
What PSI are pucks inflated to? Assuming, that is, the ghostly disks are really real and not figments of the overactive imagination of hockey "fans."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 30th, 2015 at 6:49:17 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: TheCesspit
If one side had hockey posts made of metal, and the other side had rubberized goal posts, it'd matter. If one side got the cold pucks, and the other side got warm ones.

I dunno if it's cheating, I just think both sides should have the same random factors. Teams do have kicking balls and normal balls. I don't quite get why... make it all the same. Soft, hard or whatever.

I was under the assumption that each teams gets their own balls, in which case, each team could pump or deflate to their standards. But if that's not true, my argument stands. If Green Bay wants to pump it up to 20psi so teams can't hang onto in the cold weather, then so be it. It's only cheating if, for example, Green Bay made them use a 20 while they themselves used a 12.

The whole thing is just asinine.

And don't get me started on interviews. I don't even talk to my own team during period intermission. Maybe one time in every 25 games I will shout a reminder not to fall into our second period slump. The other 24 games I either give a nod to my partner with one word - "Ready?", or skate off by myself to keep limber while the offense goes over their plan of attack. Post game? Pfft. That's nothing but a tirade, mostly focusing on who just got added to my "list of people to kill", with the obligatory exclamation that I need a beer and a smoke.

I will say, though, that minor league hockey doles out some real treats. Guys that play the "meow" game, or answer questions with pop song lyrics. Those ones are fun to watch =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 2nd, 2015 at 3:53:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: TheCesspit
don't start me on Hockey interperiod interviews

I check out the beginning to see if I recognize who it is. Then fast forward before the banality.

I DVR all sports, or don't watch. Period. This includes the Super Bowl. I accidentally saw a commercial plus part of another one in the SB last night, that's it. Pure rejoicing watching the half-time show go by in fast forward!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 2nd, 2015 at 9:43:16 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Face

And don't get me started on interviews. I don't even talk to my own team during period intermission. Maybe one time in every 25 games I will shout a reminder not to fall into our second period slump. The other 24 games I either give a nod to my partner with one word - "Ready?", or skate off by myself to keep limber while the offense goes over their plan of attack. Post game? Pfft. That's nothing but a tirade, mostly focusing on who just got added to my "list of people to kill", with the obligatory exclamation that I need a beer and a smoke.

"we just got to work hard every shift" is pretty much what they all say.

Yawn.

Too many TV executives in sports want to create a story rather than letting it just happen.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 4 of 4<1234