Quote: rxwine
Genghis Khan or Donald Trump?

Any Republican will do.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 30th, 2014 at 8:07:55 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Wizard's tasks for the New Year.

Take a large cart of purchases to the head of the line and tell them you have to be next because you can feel your anti-violence meds are wearing off.

Find a car in the parking lot full of little old ladies... and cut them off to get a parking space.

Make a bet with a beautiful young woman and then welsh on it.
December 30th, 2014 at 11:29:07 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Genghis Khan or Donald Trump?

Genghis Khan " there is no greater pleasure than lying on the soft bellies of the wives and daughters or your slain enemy", or in Trumps case it could be welching on contracts while wearing a toop, [toupe]. My how times have changed.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 30th, 2014 at 2:08:15 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Wizard
I thought they did such restocking after the store closed, except it it is perishable items, which was not the case with my cart.
Due to the volume, I've seen them restock go backs through the day.

I would rather you abandon a cart than tuck non-related items all over the store. It really makes me angry when I see eggs on a shelf with the office supplies, or a box with two gallons of milk left with the clothes. The waste makes the prices higher for everyone, and perish the thought if they reshelf those items.
December 30th, 2014 at 2:35:59 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
No good deed goes unpunished.
December 30th, 2014 at 3:02:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Ayecarumba

I would rather you abandon a cart than tuck non-related items all over the store. It really makes me angry when I see eggs on a shelf with the office supplies, or a box with two gallons of milk left with the clothes..

I only abandon refrigerated items in a
cold case, I never leave them out to
spoil. That's just not right.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 31st, 2014 at 6:42:58 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Evenbob

lol If you're already IN the cold case, just put them back where you got them.

Just do the right thing, Wizard. As an adult of a certain age, you should know what the right thing is. If you think you found some loopholes to allow yourself to be lazy or inconsiderate to others (even if it's a corporation), you should keep that to yourself. IMO. I think you're a good guy. I wouldn't have expected this poll to come from you, except that you like to post interesting dilemmas to evoke responses from others.
December 31st, 2014 at 8:04:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

When I worked the grocery store we had a couple hated the manager. They were what would have the initials "W.T." Always a hassle. Manager told them once she could not put up with their nonsense because we had the evening after-church rush at the time. That really POed the woman. So one day they come in and buy the most expensive stuff in the deli and leave it all over the store. Ugh.

I think the two once tried to work in the store and neither lasted a day because they were too stupid to do the most basic tasks.
The President is a fink.
December 31st, 2014 at 11:26:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: zippyboy
lol If you're already IN the cold case, just put them back where you got them.

Ya think? Could it be I'm no where near
where I got it? I worked in a market when
I was 15, putting abandoned stuff back
where it goes is part of the job, it keeps
people employed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 10th, 2017 at 8:20:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
A Costco just opened up down the street from me
Last nite was the grand opening
Pretty crowded
I am on the fence regarding a membership
its 55.00 for a base rate and 110.00 for upgraded membership
They are pushing the 110.00 rate hard. You get a Visa card with 40 bucks loaded and various coupons for freebies and discounts worth 35.00
Tempting but after 1 year, another 110.00 charge with no free 40.00 or 35.00 in coupons
I am single, spend about 60 bucks a week at grocery store and eat out a lot for dinner.
I like the food sample freebies
I have heard good things about their fast food. Cheap and tasty. Line was long last nite so did not have a chance to check it out
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 3 of 6<123456>