Dogs are loyal, but

Page 1 of 212>
December 18th, 2014 at 11:09:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
The owner died and wants her dog euthanized and buried with her. The dog is quite healthy.

Quote:
Connie Lay, who died on Nov. 25, mentioned in her will that she wanted Bela, her beloved dog, to be put down and have his ashes put with her own. The report pointed out that animals are considered possessions and the owner has the legal right to decide its fate.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/18/dog-faces-death-after-owner-will-states-that-be-euthanized-buried-with-her/?cmpid=edpick&google_editors_picks=true
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 19th, 2014 at 2:11:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
The owner died and wants her dog euthanized and buried with her. The dog is quite healthy.

I saw this same thing in a will I read as part of clearing title once. I think it might not be so uncommon that there was reason for it to make the news.
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2014 at 5:06:30 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: AZDuffman
I saw this same thing in a will I read as part of clearing title once. I think it might not be so uncommon that there was reason for it to make the news.
Biggest reason is killing a dog which has no reason to die besides saving a few bucks. The majority of people don't condone killing animals to assert property rights as a first resort and for no other reason. It's inhumane.
December 19th, 2014 at 5:13:34 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
The executor would be able to ignore the request I would hope. Can't see the harm with the lady unable to know it wasn't done and if illegal, prosecution probably wouldn't be enforced forcing someone to kill a healthy animal. Maybe the North Koreans will steal the dead lady eating her body not knowing it wasn't the dog and they won't kill it.
December 19th, 2014 at 6:14:53 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The owner died and wants her dog euthanized and buried with her.

I hate people who use their pets as fashion accessories.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 19th, 2014 at 1:23:59 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
The executor would be able to ignore the request I would hope.

The name of the lawyer who helped prepare that will should be published somewhere public. But you are correct that if the executor gives the dog away, then someone would have to sue him. Who is going to sue a man for not killing a dog?
December 19th, 2014 at 2:55:07 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Why not honor the ladies wishes? It was her dog, and if she chose to put it down before she died, who would stop her? The fact that she is now dead shouldn't stop her estate from being settled according to her wishes. She was in her right mind when she wrote the will... right?

Many of the same folks who would fight passionately for the life of this dog, would also assert the right of a woman to end the life of viable human fetus. Are dogs worth fighting for more than humans?
December 19th, 2014 at 3:33:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Ayecarumba
Why not honor the ladies wishes? It was her dog, and if she chose to put it down before she died, who would stop her? The fact that she is now dead shouldn't stop her estate from being settled according to her wishes. She was in her right mind when she wrote the will... right?

Many of the same folks who would fight passionately for the life of this dog, would also assert the right of a woman to end the life of viable human fetus. Are dogs worth fighting for more than humans?

Unless we are talking about dog and human fetus of the same age in the first trimester. Because, no, I don't agree it is the same thing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 19th, 2014 at 4:16:55 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Ayecarumba
Are dogs worth fighting for more than humans?

Yes
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 21st, 2014 at 7:33:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Biggest reason is killing a dog which has no reason to die besides saving a few bucks. The majority of people don't condone killing animals to assert property rights as a first resort and for no other reason. It's inhumane.

Yeah, but what I am saying is this is hardly something that has not happened before. If I read it in a will just by chance then it is probably not uncommon. It just made the news this time. I am not saying it is OK to kill the dog, I am saying it just made the news this time.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 212>