The Interview cancelled

Page 1 of 212>
December 17th, 2014 at 3:19:53 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
The Interview, the dark comedy film about an interview with Kim Jong-un was cancelled because of threats to theaters. James Franco, Seth Rogen, and Lizzy Caplan star in the film.

I am skeptical, as this film was primarily going to make most of it's money from DVD and streaming. It smells like a publicity campaign.

On the other hand, I may have become mega-cynical.
December 17th, 2014 at 3:32:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Do you think Kim Jung-Un has already picked his assassination date? Or will his heirs surprise him with one?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 17th, 2014 at 4:25:37 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Pacomartin
The Interview, the dark comedy film about an interview with Kim Jong-un was cancelled because of threats to theaters. James Franco, Seth Rogen, and Lizzy Caplan star in the film.

I am skeptical, as this film was primarily going to make most of it's money from DVD and streaming. It smells like a publicity campaign.

With the Sony hack, North Korea has demonstrated that is can get companies to bend to their will. It is pretty scary, and makes our Homeland Security folks look really inept as they praise the hackers as "sophisticated".

It ticks me off that the stars of the movie are running scared. I'd go see it just on principle... and I haven't really enjoyed anything Seth Rogen has done to date.
December 17th, 2014 at 4:35:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

45 million budget, I don't think this is a publicity stunt.

North Korea won, Sony lost.
I am truly amazed.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 18th, 2014 at 3:17:03 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Imagine what the blackmail was. Then free speech gets cheapened to protect trade secrets which were tokenly protected. Sony is a huge company able to afford what it takes to protect their business never needing the courts involved. My belief, you put a secret at risk of being discovered with those means, you don't deserve protection period.
December 18th, 2014 at 5:29:28 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
North Korean ships transport huge quantities of drugs.
North Korean uses its top printing presses to forge US, Australian and English currency.
North Korean cyber espionage is relentless.
December 18th, 2014 at 11:16:13 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
It seems that the cyber break-ins were confined to stealing e-mails and exposing some mildly annoying personality complaints. "He's an arrogant jerk" kinds of comments.

We've had activists steal those kind of e-mails in the Navy.
December 18th, 2014 at 12:02:07 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
The pussification of America
December 18th, 2014 at 5:58:07 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
It seems that the cyber break-ins were confined to stealing e-mails and exposing some mildly annoying personality complaints. "He's an arrogant jerk" kinds of comments.

We've had activists steal those kind of e-mails in the Navy.

The reports I read said the information was much more extensive. Social Security numbers, payroll figures, copies of five new films, health information, Sony Pictures release plans for the next five years... It's deep.
December 18th, 2014 at 9:06:20 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Ayecarumba
The reports I read said the information was much more extensive. Social Security numbers, payroll figures, copies of five new films, health information, Sony Pictures release plans for the next five years... It's deep.

I saw the same...and that they had a whole lot more, even more sensitive information they threatened to release. No idea what that would encompass.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
Page 1 of 212>