Firearms With Face

Page 51 of 52« First<4849505152>
January 20th, 2020 at 4:14:57 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph

Some of is arguably necessary. You can't just put 45-70 gov't in everything (or so I am told *roll eyes*). There needs to be scale in rounds since there's a scale in target. That's probably obvious. And then there's "arguably necessary" preference. A Colt 1911 in .45 is ~40oz. A Glock 41 in .45 is ~26oz. Ammo being equal, it's gonna give the user a way different experience, perhaps enough so that another caliber is in order.

Beyond that, I think much of it is simple humanity. People have that pioneer spirit, ya know? To do this or try that. You know what I'm talking about. It's the same on the water with those guys trying every trick there is to get something to perform to their standards, only now people have CAD and CNC in their basements small scale. You can just d/l and print something in your closet. Add accessibility to the pioneer spirit and you get a renaissance, hence .300 Blackout and 6.5 Creedmoor.

Fun and money. Only reason to ever do anything.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 20th, 2020 at 4:33:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 22
double post
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
January 20th, 2020 at 4:51:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
I just brought one of these home, 16+1, they also have reduced mags for NY. 22 ammo is so much cheaper than the last 22 magnum Keltec PMR 30 I picked up, this will be quite a savings. They are both great plinkers, but holy cow on the price of magnum ammo. Haven't shot the 22 LR yet, but it seems nice, I like the trigger.

I needed speedloaders for both. For the 22 mag, I got the American speedloader which is great. For the 22 LR I got a Hilljack quickie mag loader and loaded up a couple 16 round mags and was going to go out today, but don't choose to fight the wind. Besides that it was only in the upper 60's.
January 20th, 2020 at 6:58:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
The woman speaking at 18:55 really has some words of wisdom about firearm training. I'm going to forward this to my daughters. I hope you do to.
March 24th, 2020 at 4:14:59 PM permalink
petroglyph

I think I'll get one of these new Ruger LCP .22 "light rack" for my wife. In the video this guy shoots several CCI rounds from a Ruger LCP .22 into a side of beef. I'm impressed how much damage the little round does.

The new pistol is almost identical to the LCP .380 that I use for CC. I let my wife familiarize herself with my .380, and size wise, functionality and all she likes it. So, I think this smaller recoil .22 will be good for her. And I will go out and test a few boxes to make sure it works properly.

And of course, share it with her. But this thing is so concealable it's scary. Plus, the new .22 LCP holds TEN rounds in the mag. How bout that? Ten. Just right.

Where is our postal guy these days? Hope Face isn't out licking handrails at the mall.
March 26th, 2020 at 5:21:30 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 2
I have shot a good bit, just never owned a gun. Finally purchased one amidst all this craziness... S&W SD 9mm

Unfortunately I ordered it online and the gun store itís sitting at is closed indefinitely, like everything else in PA.

I donít think I could get 9mm ammo right now anyway. Once this is over I am stocking up for the next pandemic.
March 26th, 2020 at 5:35:03 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 10
Quote: gamerfreak
I have shot a good bit, just never owned a gun. Finally purchased one amidst all this craziness... S&W SD 9mm

Unfortunately I ordered it online and the gun store itís sitting at is closed indefinitely, like everything else in PA.

I donít think I could get 9mm ammo right now anyway. Once this is over I am stocking up for the next pandemic.

Firearms dealers are not essential in PA?
March 26th, 2020 at 5:38:55 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 2
Quote: Gandler

Firearms dealers are not essential in PA?

I am sure there are a few small shops still open. I ordered this from the Walmart of guns, Cabelas, which fall under the sporting goods category and are not essential.

It was probably stupid to order from there but the small local shops seemed pretty slammed and out of stock on everything. Maybe I will check back again.
March 27th, 2020 at 5:39:04 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Quote: petroglyph
Where is our postal guy these days? Hope Face isn't out licking handrails at the mall.

There's a storm outside. Where else would I be? =)

Was just about to get a 45-70gvt for the old man, then the world went to hell. Trying to figure out what model he wants without outright saying why. Think I might see him tomorrow, and so grows the cache.

Stay safe.
March 30th, 2020 at 4:20:46 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
... but the small local shops seemed pretty slammed and out of stock on everything. Maybe I will check back again.

Can you confirm what is open? Mom and Pops are, but chains are closed? Or everything's closed save the few thumbing their noses?

Everything's shut round here
Page 51 of 52« First<4849505152>