Firearms With Face

Page 49 of 52« First<46474849505152>
December 9th, 2019 at 1:14:17 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 109
OK, remember Snopes when a story stinks

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/student-loan-arrest/
The light at the end of the tunnel can be a freight train coming the other way!..Fleastiff
December 9th, 2019 at 1:39:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 22
Quote: odiousgambit
OK, remember Snopes when a story stinks

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/student-loan-arrest/
I am trying to contact the author of that article to question them about why there hasn't been a correction?

@ Mint Press..."Whitney Webb
Whitney Webb is a MintPress News journalist based in Chile. She has contributed to several independent media outlets including Global Research, EcoWatch, the Ron Paul Institute and 21st Century Wire, among others. She has made several radio and television appearances and is the 2019 winner of the Serena Shim Award for Uncompromised Integrity in Journalism."

I checked several sources about the ammo purchase before posting that story [1.6 billion rounds] and although there are plenty of articles, I still don't know how many were purchased or delivered? Then I plucked one juicy tidbit from the story, and wouldn't ya know it, it doesn't look to be completely accurate. Nice catch.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
December 9th, 2019 at 1:46:21 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Quote: odiousgambit
I was mostly just being a smartass,...

Just making sure =)

Quote: petroglyph
Why does DHS need 1.6 billion rounds?

Ah, I can exercise that objectivity I'm always talking about...

Some stuff in there is concerning. Departments that don't report, or don't / can't answer? Bin em. F#$% em up, do something. Getting real tired of the lack of accountability seemingly everywhere these days.

But if I wrest myself from my own mentality, I'd rather the forces of the state's cache to be nigh unlimited. I don't want cops that rip a box every decade, I want effing marksman. Trained folks in a high stress environment have an accuracy around 10%, we can't have cops running around with impunity at even less ability than that.

And if we go that route, that means ammo. Lots of it. One part in there said one department had some 2,800rds per officer, as if that was excessive. And if I'm reading that correctly, and I think I am, it was over the course of 7 years. 400rds a year per person? That's not excessive. For someone granted the responsibility of dispensing death, it's nearly criminal. How many trips to the range would it take YOU to burn up 400rds? 8 at the most? 4 more likely, 2 on a good trip? That's not the level of protection I want for me and mine. Post Office? Our investigators are federal police, and it's not all stolen gift cards and weed from a free state that they have to deal with. It's not entirely "odd" that they'd get more weapons and ammo. SS / VA? That's a bit weirder, but I've no real info and ain't going full conspiracy nutter over it. Least not yet =p

But in the conspiracy vein,... I don't worry about "war". I know they have plans for a revolution, plans for an invasion, plans for hostilities. I don't mean "they're getting ready", I mean I know about war games. We have plans for Canadian invasion, an attack on Britain, I damn sure know we have plans for an attack on ourselves. What I rather see this as is maybe a showing of the hand. I mean, why do WE go on buying sprees, what is the one catalyst that gets us spending? Fear of loss, innit? Fear of bans, of restrictions... why would I think they're any different? We the People buy between 8 and 15 BILLION rounds PER YEAR. That's massive. That requires mass production. Mass production costs go down the bigger the mass is. With me so far?

This 1.6mmm for DHS is compared to the military in your link, and it says such a cache would have lasted for 20yrs of the Iraq War. That tells me 1.6mmm is a bit more than the military uses. That tells me the 8-15mmm of citizen weaponry IS the mass. And what happens when you lose the mass that IS the reason things are so cheap? Price goes up, right?

This is firmly conspiracy now, and I've no links to offer other than one to the definition of Occam's Razor, but... I think they bought up because they believed a ban was coming. This all was right during the Obama scare, when all the shooting news started being blown up on TV, when the SHTF in other words. When this insane misinformation campaign started taking off. When I started all of a sudden being targeted in debate. When things got crazy. When "oppression and persecution" started being defined as "common sense".

I think it's one more clue towards what I've been screaming for almost a decade now; it's not about guns and never was; it's about control. I think they knew a ban attempts are coming, and got while the gettin' was good. Just look around,... not exactly far fetched, is it?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 9th, 2019 at 2:47:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
I'm not following this story [at least yet] about ammo purchases, very far. I saw on our local news a couple years back that the state is buying guns and ammo for even the dmv. In the link they mentioned arming Soc. Sec. officers, and indeed if you go to one of their offices there is a guy standing there with a gun. Not sure on the logic, but if they sped up the service a little they might not need all the guards?

That is a crap ton of bullets. Seems like the park rangers I've run into are guys that weren't qualified to be police so they get to be a tree ranger.

I got a speeding ticket in the 70's from a F&G cop, he was pacing me and radio'd a real smokey and together they were able to bust me for about 15 over.

I've had F&G walk out into the water and pull the top off my outboard to see if I'd "souped" up my engine and violated hp restrictions.

I have little respect for F&G in Ak. They hire some real wankers. And I've known F&G retirees that fed their family's for years, off of confiscated game.

If someone wants to arrest me, I will make it as easy as I can. I don't want to get shot by these wanna be cops. I don't agree with the new warrior mentality of the new age police. Or them acquiring all the military hardware, armored transports and all that. It sets up a us against them mentality. And I've seen how they react with each other, the thin blue line, and realistically there are so few Serpico's.

I really don't think armoring up the postal employee's is a good idea. If they suspect crime, call a professional. Unless the the police start delivering mail, [all kinds] then the postal people's don't need to be busting the patrons. imo.

*I have attempted to make contact with Whitney Web who wrote the article about the ammo, will post if I get a response. Mint Press is pretty a well respected news outfit.
December 9th, 2019 at 4:17:56 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Quote: petroglyph
I'm not following this story [at least yet] about ammo purchases, very far. I saw on our local news a couple years back that the state is buying guns and ammo for even the dmv. In the link they mentioned arming Soc. Sec. officers, and indeed if you go to one of their offices there is a guy standing there with a gun. Not sure on the logic, but if they sped up the service a little they might not need all the guards?

Seems a Catch-22, especially with the media blitz on shootings. Arm the guards and it's "Why you doing that?". Don't arm them and something happens "How could you do nothing?"

My DMV is also the county jail / Sheriffs Office / courts / town hall. County Sheriffs at the door and metal detector to get in since before I was born. Guess it's normal to me.

Quote: petro

I have little respect for F&G in Ak. They hire some real wankers.

Seems a regional thing. Wyoming you can open carry a .500 and ride your wheeler right into town, but f#$% with the wildlife and you're going to prison lol. At least from TV, AK seems similar. I use illegal fishing equipment often and get caught sometimes, never been an issue here. Doubt it'd go so smooth there, least based on what I've seen on TV. Probably take my boat AND truck =p

Dunno about said wanker putting his dickbeaters all over my machinery without permission, though. We'd have some words.

I really don't think armoring up the postal employee's is a good idea. If they suspect crime, call a professional. Unless the the police start delivering mail, [all kinds] then the postal people's don't need to be busting the patrons. imo.

Postal Inspectors, not simple "employees". Ain't no carrier or postmaster receiving arms on the taxpayer dime, goddamn the luck ;) Inspectors are the oldest federal law enforcement agency there is. They're federal police. They cross state lines, deal with the nation's borders, handle drug trafficking, human trafficking, fraud, assault and battery of employees, terrorism, serve warrants, perform searches and seizures... they're federal agents with, necessarily, a scope far wider than regular ol LEO's. They need their arms. Hell, I just sling paper and wouldn't mind dual wielding AA-12's. These dogs don't play around =p

If someone wants to arrest me, I will make it as easy as I can. I don't want to get shot by these wanna be cops.

Partially agree. Out and about, I've no delusion that a firearm's gonna save me from .gov oppression. I sometimes think "someone should shoot him" when I see some of the more egregious police battery videos, but thinking rationally, what option is there? No matter the offense, there's so very little you can do on the street, IMO. He's already got the drop, he's likely positioned, he's armored... there ain't no winning no matter the violation against you. That's a "know your rights and document evidence" sort of problem. Plus conditioning is at play. How many times I been pulled over lifetime? More than 70, certainly. Been pulled over drunk, pulled over tripping my balls off, pulled over doing 160+, pulled over with loose pistol in the vehicle, all sorts of equipment violations I can't even begin to count. Not all have been pleasant, but none have been violating. I'm not really worried about that sort of overreach on the streets, and even if it happened, my $6k truck isn't worthy of gunfire.

But at home, different story. I never really got like this until the SAFE Act. Until I was made a criminal overnight. Until .gov gave people permission and the ability to SWAT me at their leisure, until my Constitutional rights got stripped in the dark of night without proper legislation and debate and insight. I've a history of being beaten without cause. I've had people call 911 on me just to f#$% with me. My marriage ended because someone who got in trouble at work knew I was a regulator so lashed out where he could, and so my ex-wife thought I was cheating on her based on his lies. How long before someone takes this route? How long before someone says "Hey, I know how to get him"? How long before I trigger an anti in one of my many diatribes? How long until a relationship ends sourly, or I embarrass someone on the ice, or I beat someone for a promotion... look how whacky some folks are and how far some go for vengeance. Here, and where I'm concerned, it doesn't even take effort. One, free, 5min phone call, and you can have the whole of the state's violence focused on my front door.

THAT'S f#$%ed up. That's not being a citizen, that's being a subject, and I refuse it with every fibre of my being. That's what I mean by "Wikipedia entry". I'm not going to be violated without a peep, whisked away and buried without anyone knowing about it, based on some unconstitutional bulls#$% cooked up in the dead of night and rammed through un-democratically. I've lived on my knees, lived with my security not in my own hands but reliant on others' mercy. Never again. You come for me and every person in the Nation is going to hear about it, God willing. I am not a subject, and no part of attempting to turn me into one is going to be "easy".

An aside, I didn't mean the above as a poke in the eye. You literally live in a different world than I (AZ v NY), so our actions are necessarily different.
December 26th, 2019 at 1:10:38 AM permalink
petroglyph
January 2nd, 2020 at 5:01:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
It wasn't people that were the deciding factor in me deciding to CC again, although they were reason enough. There are things on our trails that will eat you.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/3-mountain-lions-who-fed-human-remains-killed-arizona-over-n1109426
January 3rd, 2020 at 9:22:00 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 59
too many mountain lions or too few wolves?
January 3rd, 2020 at 10:40:39 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
too many mountain lions or too few wolves?
They are doing a necropsy. I saw a couple story's about the hikers that came across the grizzly scene. I think it said the hiker's' might have already been dead, if so, mountain lions aren't known to be carrion eaters? Obviously the mother lion and cubs were hungry.
January 3rd, 2020 at 12:20:05 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Not to dissuade firearm use, because I'd surely have one, but I think it'd be 3rd on the list for big cats. Bears at least are pretty loud; in all of my encounters half of them were heard before seen. And, they're not much for slinkin' and hidin'. They're big and plodding.

I wouldn't trust my senses to protect me from cats. I think I could hand to hand a wolf, but wouldn't have a go with even a bobcat, lest I get disemboweled.

The Indians have had crazy luck with just masks. 60 some deaths to near zero, and the three or so that have died either took off their mask or had it shuffled due to labor. For a dollar 50 at Party City, I'd surely don one. After that, I'd go full jihad and make an OC vest. Something where you can turtle up and just rip a cord to explode in a cloud of pepper. This is really something I should design and patent, as there ain't nothing entering a cloud of that s@#$. You'd hate my guts for it, but you'd be alive to write the hate mail.

THEN I'd tote the M1919. Dissuade, defend, deal death, in that order.

I don't like cats.
Page 49 of 52« First<46474849505152>