Firearms With Face

December 8th, 2019 at 8:19:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 109
OK, watched the video.

If the guy is right about all of his points, and for example the 'no grandfathering means confiscation' bit does seem to be correct, then there is going to be a huge backlash if all these proposals pass. Somebody in the news brought out the old "waking up a sleeping giant' thing and, yes, I think it is going to be exactly that.

The state turning blue from the red it once was is a complicated phenomenon that does include the Republican party not playing it very smart recently.

It all is a wake-up call for us Fudds - it's got to be shoulder to shoulder
The light at the end of the tunnel can be a freight train coming the other way!..Fleastiff
December 8th, 2019 at 9:27:23 AM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph
Face if you weren't already peeved enough over the post you put up, there are some facts in here that should move you in that direction.

When it comes to me and "being peeved", you've never got to worry about "if" =)

I'm actually feeling pretty good ATM. You remember my naivete, right? How I have this thing where I expect Good will just happen and win out? I'm in that now. I'm sitting here seeing all of my Henny Penny of the last 10yrs wasn't Henny Penny at all, but bullseye prescience. That all the stresses of challenging folks I respect over things I only strongly suspected as opposed to known fully, that I wasn't just being an a$$hole or paranoid, that it all was real and mattered and I was right. And with the absence of the antis in this thread, it allows me momentarily to dream, and to hold the thought that perhaps their absence is the result of introspection. That perhaps they now see it, that perhaps their anti-ness WAS rooted in the misinformation, and they're not led by the nose but have been watching, and are beginning to see the truth.

Maybe one day it'll be a dream I don't have to wake up from. Maybe that dream is now.

But your post is not peeve worthy. I mean, this ain't a secret to me, and I should hope my activity here means it's not for you. As much as I made this thread as a celebration as opposed to ground zero for politics, politics is where I've been forced and I'm aware of most all of this garbage. Are you aware, and I can't remember the region this took place, though I'm sure I could find it (thinking extreme northwest), that the vast majority of red flag incidents in a red flag state were initiated by the police themselves? Do I really need to explain to Constitutional conflict of interest here? Do I need to list how many article of the Constitution this violates? That's a police state, my friend, and not the "hyperbolic American definition of", where we compare soda bans to the Khmer Rouge. That's the state being able to wreck you as they see fit. You bring challenge, you rouse rebels, you point out failings, and they can just send the boots to kick in your door. Is there really anyone so far gone that they would champion this?

Bloomberg... I don't even know. Ol Stop and Frisk, Mr Motherf#$%er himself. This is the cat that said he wants to disarm, via more stop and frisk, "every minority between the ages of 18 and 25" as "that's where the crime is". You might have trouble finding proof, as he's one of the billionaire elite that can twist reality to his favor. He's wiped that particular meeting from history, or so he's tried. There's still an audio out there, and I found it. At least as far as presidency goes, I'm not worried, as after hearing 3yrs of the Left's taunting the working class for hiring a guy that's only f#$%ed them over, I doubt they'd follow suit as the party of inclusion hiring such a bigot. But yes, he's still a problem. As Colion said in my video, all they've got to do is pump out misinformation, and he's a billionaire with the whole of the media at his beck and call. Most of us are just dudes who have to actually educate, one by one, which as you can see, has taken me 5yrs for just 2 guys with ZERO success lol. He's a problem, but... I dunno what to do other than to keep pointing out the horses$%@. As you just did up above. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't drown him cuz he's fussy, ya know? =p

Quote: odiousgambit
... meanwhile there is a local movement to make our area a second amendment sanctuary county I hear!

As one who has been in one since 2013, I beg of you to reconsider your apparent excitement.

What happens the next vote? What happens when your Sheriff who promised your protection is just a citizen again, whether by vote or retirement? What happens when you're seen not by the local yokels but the State Police? What happens when you're out with your scarlet letter in defiance of the law and every single citizen around you has the legal ability to drop a dime based not on crime or action but on their own biases and beliefs? I went hunting this year, but I just had shoulder surgery. No shotguns for a couple months yet. Do you think I took the rifle? When out on a hunt, perhaps with kids as I was, would YOU leave to the "sanctuary" your protection, and risk an armed confrontation in the woods, on the street, with your kids? Have you SEEN how 5-0 deals with conflict, let alone ARMED conflict?

Does this sound any bit like "sanctity" to you?

That's my reality, and will soon be yours. You do not have "sanctuary". What you have is a buffer. A small, finite chunk of time to act, and/or to stock up, and/or to store away, and/or to hit the streets. I don't suppose I have a suggestion for this; personally I am ready for a siege, and any affront to me and mine WILL result in a Wikipedia entry. But that's not for me to prescribe. YOU need to contemplate and decide. It's not about a matter of "if" something happens, it's a matter of "when". I suggest you be ready, whatever path you choose.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 8th, 2019 at 3:15:27 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 28
Face, what is it you fear about losing your guns? The way I look at it is spending time worrying about it costs me more than the likelihood of it happening or the consequences involved. Of course, I don't expect to live very long so that factors into my sentiment.
December 9th, 2019 at 6:08:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Face
I went hunting this year, but I just had shoulder surgery. No shotguns for a couple months yet. Do you think I took the rifle?
I had to look up NY regs to see what you were talking about. With considerable difficulty finally found the map in your regs book that shows areas that do not allow rifles. Wow what a piece of crap that booklet is, I thought VA was bad [tho they both use that asinine outfit to publish it - online versions are particularly awful]
Quote:
When out on a hunt, perhaps with kids as I was, would YOU leave to the "sanctuary" your protection, and risk an armed confrontation in the woods, on the street, with your kids? Have you SEEN how 5-0 deals with conflict, let alone ARMED conflict?
Well, as you point out, things could be changing fast, but for the most part armed entities of the state pretty much leave the hunters alone around here where I hunt, for small game seasons literally so, unless someone complained about some situation. The duck hunters interact with fish and game folks some I hear* [but ducks are not much found in my area], and in the prime of deer season I assume on public land you have to deal with them some. If I deer hunt it's not around here but on private land elsewhere in VA with my brother, and we can go decades without being bothered assuming there are no complaints. Of course they go after those that spotlight them, which isn't us. They sure do need to hire a bunch of folks if these things change because of new laws.

The state police up there enforce the fish and game matters?

*never the state police in these matters [so far]
The light at the end of the tunnel can be a freight train coming the other way!..Fleastiff
December 9th, 2019 at 10:28:45 AM permalink
Face
Administrator

The state police up there enforce the fish and game matters?

Perhaps I made that confusing.

Our DEC officers are State Police, or so they tell me every time I've gotten trespass tickets. They're NOT the ones who show up in emergency, not the ones running speed traps on the highway, but they are State Police. And I've never seen a Trooper in the field either... I've never researched the specifics, but reckon they're a branch of State Police. Same but different, ya know? Same as our Park Police; they're staters, too, though "Rangers" instead of "Troopers". Can write tickets, charge with crimes, conduct arrest... they're just in the woods instead of on the streets.

Quote: DRich
Face, what is it you fear about losing your guns? The way I look at it is spending time worrying about it costs me more than the likelihood of it happening or the consequences involved. Of course, I don't expect to live very long so that factors into my sentiment.

My immediate fear is loss of protection. I unfortunately haven't lived a charmed life, so it's not about relaxing v being worried about my guns. You can't be charged by a bear and then go back into the woods footloose and fancy free, ya know? You can't forget that your life is completely out of your hands in that scenario, and your survival is based on luck alone. I cannot accept that lack of control and defense. I can't have been in a 5 on 1 and forget how senseless that was. How I had not one bit of control of that situation, and had done not a thing to provoke, but found myself at the bottom of that pile anyway. I can't forget it. I can't forget how violence visited my home and stormed inside.

And in ALL of these, whether I was completely alone or was surrounded by not only regulators but people I call "friend", not one single person reached out to help. 11 of my friends stood around while some guy jumped me from behind and tried repeatedly to crack my head open on the floor, a guy who had some 40+lbs on me. The Coward from Broward surprised me not at all, because I've seen it time and time again, I've lived it time and again, and now I have a Supreme Court ruling proving me right - NO ONE has a duty to protect you, ESPECIALLY not the police.

You can't beat a dog for 30yrs and expect him to "relax". And now it's not only the general public, but because I take my life into my own hands, protect myself with my own weapons, treat myself with my own meds, now the State can victimize me legally?

Not without a Wikipedia entry, they can't.

Security, DRich, or rather the loss of it. That's what I fear.
December 9th, 2019 at 11:03:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Our DEC officers are State Police, or so they tell me ...
oh, yeah, noticed that too, "Department of Environmental Conservation"

I'm making a mental note of that. When your state Fish and Game starts calling itself a "Department of Environmental Conservation" it's a bad sign, trouble is on the way
December 9th, 2019 at 11:11:24 AM permalink
Face
Administrator
Our DEC officers are State Police, or so they tell me ...
oh, yeah, noticed that too, "Department of Environmental Conservation"

I'm making a mental note of that. When your state Fish and Game starts calling itself a "Department of Environmental Conservation" it's a bad sign, trouble is on the way

How so?

It's been so since 1970, and as anti-gov as I get, I've always looked upon them favorably. I've had words, gotten into arguments, but they've all been good natured and I've never once been bent over by them. They've definitely caught me in violation of letter of law, but Every Single Time they've let me go based on spirit. Like treble hooks upstream of the first barrier. It's law to prevent snagging, I use them because cutting up all my lures is a pain in the ass. He saw me use them, saw I wasn't snagging, so no action.

Or maybe I do know, since this is NY and they DO involve themselves in the economy. Maybe because they always do what I want is why I don't have a problem, like their brand new multi million dollar subsidy of specific fertilizers.
December 9th, 2019 at 12:20:45 PM permalink
odiousgambit
How so?
I was mostly just being a smartass, so to continue in that vein:

I'm imagining this process:

phase 1, a state is contemplating strict gun laws

phase 2, the lawmakers worry that hunters are going to be a problem

phase 3, to make them scary, they decide to change the name of Fish and Game to Ministry of Environmental Enforcement*, but cooler heads prevail and they only go as far as Department of Environmental Conservation. Note George Orwell liked the term "Ministry", he had "The Ministries of Love, Peace, Plenty, and Truth" which in reality were all about the opposite of their names

phase 4, though they like to point out they are State Police, they turn out to be nice guys, who knew?

*you know I'm just making that up
December 9th, 2019 at 12:36:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 22
Why does DHS need 1.6 billion rounds? https://www.mintpressnews.com/non-military-federal-agencies-under-trump-expand-already-enormous-arsenals/255685/

"For instance, in 2016, the Department of Education sent armed U.S. marshals after Paul Aker over a $1,500 unpaid student loan. The armed officers arrived at Aker’s home with an arrest warrant, which resulted in a two-hour standoff. “I’m still shaken,” Aker said at the time. “Why send seven guys with guns about a student loan?"

fwiw, I have no problem with DHS buying hollow points.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
December 9th, 2019 at 1:09:56 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: petroglyph
Why does DHS need 1.6 billion rounds? https://www.mintpressnews.com/non-military-federal-agencies-under-trump-expand-already-enormous-arsenals/255685/

"For instance, in 2016, the Department of Education sent armed U.S. marshals after Paul Aker over a $1,500 unpaid student loan.
definitely this is weird if true
Quote:
The armed officers arrived at Aker’s home with an arrest warrant,
I'm thinking the warrant was for fraud, if the truth were known, but still it's weird for that dept to arrest anyone for anything
Quote:
which resulted in a two-hour standoff.
A standoff? Standoff? What in the hell is he doing resisting arrest?
Quote:
“I’m still shaken,” Aker said at the time. “Why send seven guys with guns about a student loan?"
frankly I have to believe Aker is spinning a tale, with most of the facts wrong, including that it was the dept. of Ed.